Number Port

s2kane

Reaction score
Hello,

I am coming over from the iPhone 3G with AT&T. I got my Droid phone in the mail yesterday and activated it approx. 24 hours ago. I kept my same number from AT&T.

I am able to receive texts from verizon phones, but I cannot get incoming calls, texts, etc. from all the other networks. I have never heard of it taking 24 hours for a network to switch the number over?

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or know of a solution? Its really frustrating!

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
It's been a REALLY long time since the last time I ported a number, but I do remember having some flakey results similar to what you're describing for a little while. I'd give it another day and then call tech support (or you could call them right now). Tech support for Verizon has been top notch for quite some time now.

OP
S

s2kane

Reaction score
Yea I went to the store yesterday. They said to give it like 12 hours and its been 24. I hope it works or I will be PISSED!

ldimick

Reaction score
There is no reason to wait. Call Verizon now and get them to finish it. They will.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
You could always try and do #228 from the Phone and select the prompt to program the phone. See if that works first and if not; go to VZW and piss and moan. In any case; Once you get the phone set up, I think you'll find the network to be much better than AT&T was.

OP
S

s2kane

Reaction score
What number would I call for assistance to fix it?

murdermile

Reaction score
I had similar issues and you can actually check the port status online at verizon. I posted a link to it a while ago, check out some of my past posts. Id do it for you but I'm on a short break at work lol