Number of Roms

Dolfan

Reaction score
I was curious as to really how many backup roms someone can keep as backups...I prolly have like 7 backups of different roms I like to switch back and forth between..?

I have the Droid 1 by the way..lol
Bob

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
Same here. I back them up to PC twice a quarter or so, along with the rest of the SD card.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I keep about 8 full nandroids of different ROMs that I rotate constantly. Im ocd so I usually go through a few each day just to keep the Apps updated and such. Its driving me nuts actually because I don't take time to enjoy my phone because all I seem to do is tweak it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
So I should be safe to try a few more different roms the. And safe them via nandroid backup I'm guessing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
I keep a backup of the most recent release of four or five choice roms.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I usually make 1 backup of the bone stock rom right after installing, then I gradually add in my typical apps (i toss them in as I need them) making 1 backup along the way each time I make changes & delete the previous one, then eventually get all my typical apps in, then back it up.

I typically keep 3 backups of the same rom.
1. Bone stock rom right after flashed
2. Rom with the stock kernel & all my apps.
3. Rom with all my apps & alternate kernel.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
I was just hoping I was not loading the phone up to bad with these backups is all...I even have a copy of UD2.5 on there..that ran really well also..

Bob

smtom

Reaction score
The number of backups is limited only by the amount of free space on the SD, and the efficiency of the naming convention.
Be sure to keep adequate free space to allow for flashing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
You can have as many backups as you have free space for. It doesn't do anything to the phone other than take up SD space.

ibrooks123

Reaction score
I keep about 8 full nandroids of different ROMs that I rotate constantly. Im ocd so I usually go through a few each day just to keep the Apps updated and such. Its driving me nuts actually because I don't take time to enjoy my phone because all I seem to do is tweak it.

This caught my eye based on a question I had....You say you have many different Nandroid backups, does this allow you to essentially swith roms whenever you choose? If so, can you PLEASE tell me your process? I have been trying to figure this out for a while!

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score

This caught my eye based on a question I had....You say you have many different Nandroid backups, does this allow you to essentially swith roms whenever you choose? If so, can you PLEASE tell me your process? I have been trying to figure this out for a while!

Im not the one maybe that should answer this(im a rookie)But , I have acouple backups of Cyangen mod Roms and like 3 UD roms backedup, I switch back and forth like weekly sometimes just out of boredom and to just have a little different look on the phone for a few days...lol Basically I follow this step by step to add a rom http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pr...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html Then once I have all my apps restored and it running the way I like with small tweaks(wallpaper, shortcuts and all) I do a nandriod back up and name it what ever rom version I have like I have one rom that is named UD3.2.5VenomizedFacbook...just so I know what they are...I even have a UD2.5 version I sometimes go back to ...if its a back up rom, you just need to go in to recovery mode and select nandroid, then restore, then select the backup rom you want to switch to...easy as that...the fun part is getting the different roms installed then backing them up for your use..

Bob

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Sorry I just saw your post. Yes this allows me to switch between many complete roms without much more than resetting a few widgets. And eventually my tastes change or rom gets updated and I may delete the nandroid.

My best nandroids are both froyo...cm 6.1.0 and rubik2.0. Smooth as glass.

gimpyestrada

Reaction score

Yes, you are able to switch back and forth between whatever roms you have backed up with nandroid. The only thing that you may want to do is back up the data for any apps that you want to save across different roms. For example if you were playing angry birds in your current rom and you finish all of the levels. Then you decide to switch to a different rom so you do a nandroid backup of your current rom and then a nandroid restore to the rom of your choice. When you go into the new rom your progress for angry birds will be gone.