NTSB Recommends States Ban the Use of Cell Phones & Hands-Free Devices While Driving

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...I don't get the luxury of being distracted by eating, drinking, playing with my iPod, making a call, sending a text or email, changing a CD or any of the other 50 things that drivers do instead of driving...

[video=youtube;p4J0572lr0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4J0572lr0I"]You just need a little practice is all[/video]

you just need a little practice is all. Isn't that what cruise control is for?

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't that what cruise control is for?

LOL. Yeah, some people think that cruise control is like auto pilot. haha

My girlfriend and I(she has a bike as well) get hit almost every time we ride, by people that just don't care enough to pay attention. My life is not worth as much as their text, and it makes my blood boil every single day.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
[video=youtube;p4J0572lr0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4J0572lr0I"]You just need a little practice is all[/video]

you just need a little practice is all. Isn't that what cruise control is for?

LOL..awesoome...but i think the other ppl who were cutting other off in the vid are as bad.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
They might as well outlaw talking to the passengers in your car, then. Because IMO it's basically the same thing. On the phone or in person, I often visualize when I'm talking and then I'll have no recall of the road the last 30 seconds. I assume I'm not abnormal with that.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I have SYNC in my car and I love it. I think it is safer than actually holding a phone and driving. This option is a factory installed feature, that is becoming the norm for new cars and in the car industry (hubby is a mechanic), it is deemed a safety feature.

I can see the texting, holding a phone, ect eventually become law. However, handsfree is almost a necessity. Hell, my car calls 911 for me if I am ever in a accident. :D

apl3

Reaction score
In Connecticut we have a law banning talking on the phone while driving. The cops seem unwilling or unable to enforce it. So yeah lets put another law on the books and not enforce that one. What braniac at the NTSB came up with this? Oh texting on the phone here is illegal too, how do they enforce that? They cant or wont simple answer. I think hands free is the way to go.

GBH2

Reaction score
I'll stop using my phone in the car when they remove 2 way radios from police cars. The problem isn't someone taking a quick call while driving it is stupid drivers having in depth conversations and doing other psychologically complex things that remove their attention from the road.

--- These people promoting this don't want regular people running into them while they talk on their cell phones in the back of their limos.

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they do need to go one step further than no talking or texting, I mean then technically you can surf the web or use apps, which is far far far worse lol...however hands free devices are ok, as long as you keep your eyes on the road its not too bad...

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll stop using my phone in the car when they remove 2 way radios from police cars. The problem isn't someone taking a quick call while driving it is stupid drivers having in depth conversations and doing other psychologically complex things that remove their attention from the road.

Which really is no different than having a conversation with a passenger next to you. As long as both hands are available to use the wheel (not that most people drive with two hands on the wheel, anyway) that's as "safe" as they can make things. I don't see how talking hands-free is any more or less distracting than talking to a passenger next to you.