Ntelos HTC Merge tethering issues

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Roanoker494, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Roanoker494

Roanoker494 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just gotten my HTC Merge from Ntelos wireless and I am having issues with tethering. When I start the Wifi hotspot the mobile network switches from "connected" to "turning on" and will never go any further. Has Ntelos done something to restrict this feature? Is there any way to "make" it work? If Wifi is not a possibility how about wired tethering? Here is some info from the phone

Mobile network type CDMA-EvDo rev. A
    Android version 2.2
    Baseband version 12.39W.80.14U_1.08.00.0320
    Kernel version 2.6.32.17-g19b13bf
    Build number 2.05.557.3 CL343373 release-keys
    Software number 2.05.557.3
    Browser version Webkit 3.1
    PRI Version 6.05_110
    PRL version 21102

Thanks to everyone in advance.

2. coastrnut

coastrnut New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you 'purchased' the hotspot feature for Ntelos?

Hi -- Just a possibility here -
    I tried to access the 'hotspot' using my HTC Merge from Ntelos, and it wouldn't work either. After I turn on the hotspot, my laptop says I am 'connected', however, it is unable to access the internet.

I checked with Ntelos, and what I was told, I have to purchase the 'hotspot' feature in order to get the 'hotspot' to work. The 'hotspot' feature is $15 per month - in addition to your plan. The $15 per month can be 'added' and 'canceled' anytime, and it does not effect the plan. So, you can purchase it say for this month, cancel it for next month, and add it again say in 3 months if you want it again, and cancel it again if you don't want it.

I currently have the 'family unlimited everything plan' for $99.98 / month for 2 lines.

But, apparently 'unlimited everything' doesn't mean - unlimited everything, since you have to PAY $15 per month extra for hotspot use.

Go figure -

Not sure if this helps or not,

Gary

3. Roanoker494

Roanoker494 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah....... Figured that one out also when I ended up calling Ntelos, still a deal since I have been paying $55 a month for the USB 3G modem. My mother actually got me set up with this phone for Christmas, I am on with her Android family plan. The Merge was on for B1G1 at $149 but after a few discounts, since she has been with Ntelos for 5 years, she walked away with the phones for $70 total. So far I am very happy with the service but this phone is taking some getting used to, I went from charging my phone 2-3 times a week to having to charge it everyday and sometimes twice a day. I have now learned some "tricks" on what services to turn off and I can get a solid 24 hours out of the phone now, I really like the fact that I can tether and charge at the same time.

Johnnie

EDIT:
    I have also upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread. DO NOT TAKE YOUR MERGE INTO THE BATHROOM WHILE SHOWERING!!! Seems that these phones don't take to kindly to steam and it drives the touch screen plum crazy. Luckily enough my phone made a full recover after a factory reset, which costs me my contacts, and leaving it with the battery out for a while, both of which were done by the local Ntelos dealer.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
Search tags for this page
how to tether ntelos android
how to use wifi hotspot on htc merge

htc merge ntelos

htc merge usb tethering
n telos tethering
ntelos hotspot

ntelos hotspot not working

ntelos hotspot plans

ntelos tethering

ntelos wifi hotspot