1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Nrwbie to forum &DroidX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Jbruceismay, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jbruceismay

Jbruceismay New Member

Just got a DroidX from Verizon. Previouly had Samsung Intercept with Virgin Mobile. Obviously DroidX is faster, & fast access to email & a couple of "actor"sites is my primary need, bot I am disappointed by a few things:
    all the "rooted" garbage that I can't even cancel with Advanced Task Manager;;
    the calendar. On my Android 2.1 primitive Intercept it was. Easier to use &I could set individual alarms. This does not seem possible on the DroidX, maybe I need to look for a new app?
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Welcome to the community and I am gonna have to be with CJ on this. Task killers eat up the battery and just arent worth it IMO. VZW reps install it but i think its just cause the company tells them too. no offense to any VZW reps in the community