Now we can all jump for joy!

darreno1

Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!! Been thinking about this just today. Had one of these in my Palm Pre and it was a godsend.

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
I'm hoping Seidio makes an Innocase that fits it though. On their facebook group they do tend to reply to me. They told me on Sunday that the battery would be available for pre order this week. So I'll be happy not to squander my information this time if they let me know.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I would love an extended battery, but WOW! That is almost the cost of the phone! I guess that's the going rate for a smartphone extended battery? :icon_eek:

bots

Reaction score
Good find! I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit, though. Seidio makes some nice schtuff! What kinda amp-hours does the stock battery handle?

LordKastle

Reaction score
Well considering the cost of the Droid without contract is $559.99 , I don't think it is really that close to the cost of the phone.

Seems like a decent deal if you are in the market for one.

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
Well considering the cost of the Droid without contract is $559.99 , I don't think it is really that close to the cost of the phone.

Seems like a decent deal if you are in the market for one.
Not to be rude or anything, but it's basically a quarter on what we paid for it... but in the scheme of things the price does make sense. I'll agree with that.

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
Good find! I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit, though. Seidio makes some nice schtuff though! What kinda amp-hours does the stock battery handle?
1400maH is the standard battery. So that's basically a 90% increase, which is awesome.

bots

Reaction score
Good find! I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit, though. Seidio makes some nice schtuff though! What kinda amp-hours does the stock battery handle?
1400maH is the standard battery. So that's basically a 90% increase, which is awesome.

Wow! that is nice. Hmm I may hafta buy one of these... It would be sweet to have one of these, plus a stock battery as a backup, no?

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
I agree. I'm just waiting for my PayPal transfer to clear and then I'll preorder one on the spot.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Well yes, if you look at the off the shelf price if the phone, the battery looks inexpensive in comparison. But I paid $99 for the phone, so a single accessory at $65 seems a bit hefty!

I'm just a bit in awe of how much the battery costs, although I can certainly see why it would be useful. I'll probably end up getting one, just surprised at the $$. I'm still figuring out the whole smartphone thing. Seems a bit like buying a house-always a new thing to buy for it! :icon_ devil:

Retribution

Reaction score
I don't know if you all noticed but they are making a extended life battery that won't require a door so it will not add any thickness. That's what I'm waiting on my battery pretty much lasts 13 hours of heavyish use so I only need something with a tad more oomp.

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
I don't know if you all noticed but they are making a extended life battery that won't require a door so it will not add any thickness. That's what I'm waiting on my battery pretty much lasts 13 hours of heavyish use so I only need something with a tad more oomp.
Yes, but only a tad more. It's thinner but not as big of a jump. I think the small increase in size is worth another %50 of battery life. What do you ll think of the price though? I know it's so expesnive, but really, the Invisishields are nearly as much and they're not as good as an old fashioned case. You'll use this accessory more than any other. More than your bluetooth. More than your case, because hopefully you'll be using your phone more htan dropping it. I think it's worth it on that argument. Anybody else?

HeroNova

Reaction score
Huge battery life. But I think that may be a little too pricey for me right now. I don't think the price is unfair really, just too much for me to spend on the battery. My battery lasts me most of the day anyway so far so I'm not too concerned.

Great find though, something I will most likely get in the future.

Retribution

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I could never bring myself to uglify my phone with thick extended life batteries. The fat one is a 90ish percent increase, if the thin one is only. 40% then I will be happy plus I will still have the stock battery that fits in my wallet perfectly or toss in my glove box and the price seems to be about average I don't see what's unfair abouts it lithium ion batteries aren't cheap and if they are really using quality Japanese parts it's worth it.