now verizon is officially late on galaxy nexus 4.1 update

phaattboy98

Reaction score
Now this is really bad sprint has the update but verizon don't and they were the first to get the galaxy nexus and I can't say the last to get the update because they have not got it yet can somebody tell me what the hell is going on

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just the usual Verizon neglect. They messed up this phone before it even launched by delaying it over and over again. Don't expect any changes from Verizon anytime soon. Do yourself a huge favor and turn to the wonderful dev community. If not, then there really isn't anything to complain about, Verizon basically hasn't supported this phone from the start and to think they'll change at this point is wishful thinking

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even the Samsung supported Yakjuxw Galaxy Nexus has received 4.1.1 Jellybean. That's how much Verizon is slacking. I'm just glad I unlocked my bootloader so I'm not bound to their delayed updates (or lack thereof).

OP
P

phaattboy98

Reaction score
I called verizon today and ask about the jelly bean update and none of the reps knew anything about it then I said well GSM and sprint galaxy nexus has the update how come we don't and the rep said well she's sure we will get it verizon don't like to be left behind I told her they were late so now I'm starting to wonder do verizon really keep there reps in the dark like that hmmmmm

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked it out myself the other day.I actually walked in and there sat the Nexus with an update,I was like,this should've been done b4 I got here.The reps didn't know a thing about the update.Funny how we know more then the techs and reps.I had to see it to believe it,but there she was,in all her JB glory.Like you,I called,don't even what to waste the time text the LAME!!excuse the tech give.VZW,you gotta love them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just the usual Verizon neglect. They messed up this phone before it even launched by delaying it over and over again. Don't expect any changes from Verizon anytime soon. Do yourself a huge favor and turn to the wonderful dev community. If not, then there really isn't anything to complain about, Verizon basically hasn't supported this phone from the start and to think they'll change at this point is wishful thinking

What's been up dezy?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Crankintopwater69 said:
What's been up dezy?

Been busy with school and stuff. What you been up to buddy?

And OP, Verizon keeps their own employees in the dark. Like I said, if you expect Verizon to finally start showing support for this device you're dreaming. They have neglected it from the very beginning and with it being into its 10th month, it won't change.

Galaxy Nexus using DF app

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been busy with school and stuff. What you been up to buddy?

And OP, Verizon keeps their own employees in the dark. Like I said, if you expect Verizon to finally start showing support for this device you're dreaming. They have neglected it from the very beginning and with it being into its 10th month, it won't change.

Galaxy Nexus using DF app
School myself, GED.Rockin the S3.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heh no wonder I don't see you around here anymore.
Yeah,still come back home to catch up on the latest Nexus rumor.Touch Wiz had some pretty cool features I'd like to see on the next Nexus.Love the pop up video on home screen while I text or be on Internet.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah,still come back home to catch up on the latest Nexus rumor.Touch Wiz had some pretty cool features I'd like to see on the next Nexus.Love the pop up video on home screen while I text or be on Internet.

pop up video?

still figuring out the s3 huh?:p

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
Verizon totally screwed the pooch re Nexus

Now this is really bad sprint has the update but verizon don't and they were the first to get the galaxy nexus and I can't say the last to get the update because they have not got it yet can somebody tell me what the hell is going on
Don't expect much out of vzw. All they are good for is promoting new phones and building out LTE. They have a trail of phones left-for-dead and users twisting in the wind going back forever.
If you want JB go here: http://galaxynexusroot.com/
I
'm sure there are other great sites but this is the one I used. I had my GNex unlocked, rooted and running JB on Frankos kernel within 3 hours of getting it home. If a dumb-ass like me can do it, anyone can.
The only caveat is that I had ADB running prior to getting my Nexus from tweaking my Bionic.
Read first. There's great videos to help clarify.
If you have a Nexus, this is what it was made to do.