Now the hype has settled, how do you feel?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hype beast elevates a device into the clouds but weeks later the device returns to earth and as people use it for every day use we get a more realistic feal of the phone. SO how do you feel after owning it (some for almost a month).

[video=youtube;tg6UszGtYi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg6UszGtYi8&feature=g-high-rec[/video]

jgmecarter

Reaction score
This is by far the best phone that I have ever owned. This phone sets the standard for what phones should be.

daudi81

Reaction score
Agree. I've owned pretty much every flagship phone released this year and this is my favorite. This is the phone to beat right now... assuming people give the size a chance. I have big hands and have been waiting for a phone this big and powerful that doesn't compromise.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm not nearly as easily impressed as most people, but I am really enjoying this phone.
Obviously the screen is fantastic for watching video, web browsing, and reading.
The speed of moving through screens and apps, and zero lag with multi-tasking makes you appreciate the 4 cores.

The convenience of multi-view when needed is a very nice bonus.

I highly recommend this device.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Best all around device since the og droid. For me the droid set the bar on where android should go and how it should look. The note 2 took that and fulfilled all the dreams and imaginations of og droid fans when they first overclocked their phones and then asked "hmmm I wonder if". Well the note 2 is that if. It is the all around best phone. The Razr Maxx have the best battery at 3800 but misses on camera and software, i5 have the best camera but misses on features, droid dna has the best screen among android but is missing in storage and battery life. The note 2 has battery life up there with the razr maxx with 3100 mah, a camera that is just slightly behind htc image sense and ios, screen that is among the best ( got a chance to see the dna screen and though it does look a little better not enough for me to notice on a day to day basis. Plus you add the ability to read memory sticks, watch movies in hd quality on that gorgeous screen, battery life that will allow you to watch a movie and still make it through the day, sound quality that is at the top, phone quality that is at the top, the ability to hook up peripherals and turn the device into a gaming system, computer system, or dvd player and we are talking about a power house. And we have not even touched on the s pen features, the ability to use voice commands to control music, camera, and phone, software that will alert you by telling you "______ text you ____ " , "task for today is ________". If I was to continue to talk about the features I would have to continue on for another page or 2. This is android's best overall device for 2012 and I am glad I have the opportunity to own one.

toperm

Reaction score
So far, best phone I have ever owned, period. Zero complaints so far, I only have about 500 more things to learn about this phone!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Pc, I love your assessment that the note 2 “is that if"... I get to upgrade in March 2013 and I think you may have talked me into it.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
best all around device since the og droid. For me the droid set the bar on where android should go and how it should look. The note 2 took that and fulfilled all the dreams and imaginations of og droid fans when they first overclocked their phones and then asked "hmmm i wonder if". Well the note 2 is that if. It is the all around best phone. The razr maxx have the best battery at 3800 but misses on camera and software, i5 have the best camera but misses on features, droid dna has the best screen among android but is missing in storage and battery life. The note 2 has battery life up there with the razr maxx with 3100 mah, a camera that is just slightly behind htc image sense and ios, screen that is among the best ( got a chance to see the dna screen and though it does look a little better not enough for me to notice on a day to day basis. Plus you add the ability to read memory sticks, watch movies in hd quality on that gorgeous screen, battery life that will allow you to watch a movie and still make it through the day, sound quality that is at the top, phone quality that is at the top, the ability to hook up peripherals and turn the device into a gaming system, computer system, or dvd player and we are talking about a power house. And we have not even touched on the s pen features, the ability to use voice commands to control music, camera, and phone, software that will alert you by telling you "______ text you ____ " , "task for today is ________". If i was to continue to talk about the features i would have to continue on for another page or 2. This is android's best overall device for 2012 and i am glad i have the opportunity to own one.

With all the elegance of phrasing I can muster: ditto!!

craig8868

Reaction score
The best phone I have ever owned. Still have so much to learn that this phone can do....

blowabs

Reaction score
U sold me pc747...
I have completely forgotten the idea of getting the max HD. Period. Come on!..this thing sounds great...n looks great in person. thx

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U sold me pc747...
I have completely forgotten the idea of getting the max HD. Period. Come on!..this thing sounds great...n looks great in person. thx

Check out our sister forum Galaxy Note2 Forum so see people who has it on different carriers and you can see real world usage of the note 2 from every day people.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
we have people on there with vzw note 2's as well they are considered the locked bootloader version ;).