Now that we have numbers...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple's iPhone rockets quarterly earnings by 95% to $6bn | Technology | The Guardian

95% quarterly growth...anyone still want to say there is no demand? LOL...

some tidbits:

quarterly earnings grew 95% from last year
revenue grew 83% from last year
18.6 million iphones sold first quarter, a 113% increase from last year

remember...this is one phone doing this...

and here i thought everyone who wanted an iphone already has one!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is interesting... Good for apple. I cant really say i get your slam though. Lol, i may be out of the loop here but i cant say i really remember peeps saying their was no demand for the iPhone. Apples the brand to beat. If someone debates that, then they b out of the loop.
And just as a slight correction, the source doesnt say which iphone it is. Couldnt it possibly be talking about the 3GS and the iphone 4? Those would technically be two different phones...... not "one" but i think i get your point. Your pointing out the two differences in strategies with Apple and Google. You sly dog you!

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is interesting... Good for apple. I cant really say i get your slam though. Lol, i may be out of the loop here but i cant say i really remember peeps saying their was no demand for the iPhone. Apples the brand to beat. If someone debates that, then they b out of the loop.
And just as a slight correction, the source doesnt say which iphone it is. Couldnt it possibly be talking about the 3GS and the iphone 4? Those would technically be two different phones...... not "one" but i think i get your point. Your pointing out the two differences in strategies with Apple and Google. You sly dog you!

trust me there are people who say there's no demand...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vyvid

Reaction score
I'm sure vzw getting the iphone recently increased demand significantly

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

yeah exactly. i personally know a handful of people who really wanted one but weren't willing to leave verizon/join att. good for them getting that growth but i doubt it will continue to grow that sharply if at all. personally i foresee a lackluster release of the next model but i have certainly been wrong before.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yep of ccourse. The point of the post was that there were people saying no demand or that the lack of lines indicated a fail for the vzw iphone. These numbers clearly prove otherwise...people are buying that one year old, "old tech" by the millions...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, lots of my friends went to the iPhone with VZ. At&t just isnt good out here, so when Vz got the phone it was on. I'm sure its the same all around america. Reliable network and premium brand cell phone = Money.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
When the iPhone was announced on Verizon, there was a whole heated debate about projected sales numbers and quite a few people had sided on either "there is huge amounts of pent up demand" or "pent up demand is bogus bullpuckey"

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
When the iPhone was announced on Verizon, there was a whole heated debate about projected sales numbers and quite a few people had sided on either "there is huge amounts of pent up demand" or "pent up demand is bogus bullpuckey"

Exactly and the numbers prove there was plenty of pent up demand

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually the the increase was due to the ipad. They said that people with iphones, androids, and blackberry devices own ipads.

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually the the increase was due to the ipad. They said that people with iphones, androids, and blackberry devices own ipads.

Nah that article says 50% of growth was due to iphone...the most its ever been. In fact the article states ipad sales were underwhelming....

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nah that article says 50% of growth was due to iphone...the most its ever been. In fact the article states ipad sales were underwhelming....

Edit: there's a new york times article that has that info above...

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I did purchase 18.5 million of those iPhones. Only because I didn't want to hear all the apple hate anymore.

Ugh...skewed numbers...hate when that happens