Now that froyo is finished

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by vjaamm, Apr 15, 2011.

1. vjaamm

vjaamm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any of you going to stay with 3.25 as your rom of choice or move onto gingerbread?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. loudaccord

loudaccord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sticking with 3.25 here. I might try the 4.15 version once it's ported but I'll probably end up restoring my 3.25 backup :)

3. frostthejack

frostthejack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm moving on

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As I have stated in the past, I love MIUI and have tried the Gingerbread version. It has so man ynice little features, however is also not quite there on the D1. I would stick with the Froyo MIUI but even that was beta and had a bunch of flaws to it. Beautiful rom though.

For now I am testing SS 5.2 Gingerbread because of its awesome 'lock in memory' features. I only had 1 random reboot in over 48 hours, and android didn't once kill my music app even while navigating and surfing... good stuff here...

I miss MIUI tho...

5. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    did you have to mess with any of the performance settings (not just kernel & speed, but VM size, compcache, etc?) Every GB ROM did that "cut off music when going to another app" which completely ruins the experience for me (ps: you @ SB9 - yes or no? me = yes)

strange thing w/ MIUI3.25 -- up until today, it never cut off the tunes, but it started all of a sudden this afternoon (full disclosure: i did not try killing apps or rebooting.) So far, it's froyo MIUI over GB MIUI for me...GB was very buggy on my phone, which is to be expected from a beta anyway, but w/e

6. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello fellow Icculus. I installed SS-5.2 with a 1100 kernel, and I am only going to 1000 actually. I have compcache at 18% and I honestly dont know what VM Heap is, just never bothered to look it up.

Yea, literally all GB roms were starting to cut out my music, and that like 80% of what I use my phone for (in the car, walking, or at home). I was surprised when I saw SS allowed you to lock so many apps in memory, so I just lock ones I need and let it do its thing. Still didnt have one music kill, and I have been using a few different music apps... Just wish it was like MIUI because i miss that UI.

Dude, I will be at SB9 for sure because I only like like 2 hours away. Going to bethel also. Really cant wait for SB because I went to IT and it was super fun. Got to get my tix. (if you see a bearded man in a fishmen outfit, that just might be me haha)

7. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I'll try to keep an eye out for ya (assuming that's possible :), where's DWB on this thread anyway!? :biggrin:)

good to know - although i'll prob give 1.4.15 a shot and see how it works first, i'll give SS a try after if it doesn't work. and yeah, the MIUI-UI is one of the major reasons I like it...though I'm always happy to run ____ROM w/ the Luna Theme! dancedroid