Now my phone is screwing up

nikecar

Reaction score
Ok.. I had installed a few apps earlier today that aren't terribly bad. a few free games, and some other things like trip advisor.

I ended up deleting a few items that I didn't use, like a Fishbowl galera and a GalleryLock or soemthing like that, which I never used at all. Then I went to move a few items over to the SD card, like some games, the Amazon apps, DF, HF, some shopping things.

Oh, I also installed ChompSMS and tested it but didn't like it and deleted it.

Now the phone is giving me errors:
Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped.
Skype same error
running sluggish, and my contacts are GONE!!!! Trying to run Backup Assistant and the GSF error. Lists in the most recent update as "Invalid Parameters"

I want my phone back!!! waaaaaaaa

anyone know what is going on? I restarted and nothing..

EDIT: I never had my contacts synced in gmail as my phone contacts I never cared to keep in Gmail, so they were on the phone. I had used Backup Assistant at the beginning of the month when I got my phone, but online BU doesn't show anything in there now, but rather doing the whol sync to an email account. I'm going to try and see if my old phone has the contacts still in, and possible bring it to the store to upload and restore.

OP
nikecar

nikecar

Reaction score
My phone started to smoke and it burned a hole in my pants

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too started getting the google services framework error... my phone actually wouldn't open either (i.e. the actual dialer... kind of a big deal ;)). It was very odd and very random. Couldn't pinpoint what did it - yet anyway. Fortunately I had a nandroid (rooted obviously) that I restored from yesterday and all is well again. We'll see if I can figure out what caused the issues now...

OP
nikecar

nikecar

Reaction score
That was the battery.

My phone started to smoke and it burned a hole in my pants

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

I was joking. I wanted to see who would ever respond first.

Anyways, I took it into a corporate store, the did a factory reset, and it works. Had to reinstall my apps though. Thought I would have to pay for the now not free apps of the day but amazon remembered my orders and I downloaded them fine.

So now the phone is back to being incredibly wonderful. I'm even at 30 hours with 70% battery left. Haven't used it much, but before when I've used it this sparingly I'd be about 50%.