Now I've done it

1694kyle

Reaction score
So I wanted to kill all the bloat on my phone.

I made a backup of the app folder on my sd, then deleted all the bloat programs (I know everyone said not to delete, but I copied the folder so I could just restore it for an update).

I rebooted and now I'm at the splash screen. Forever.

My question.

Can I push the app file on my sdcard to my system folder using ADB? or is there a way to make an update.zip with just the app folder? I'd rather do the latter as my ADB experience is nill. If I can do either, someone please give me a generous description.

DroidX101

Reaction score
So I wanted to kill all the bloat on my phone.

I made a backup of the app folder on my sd, then deleted all the bloat programs (I know everyone said not to delete, but I copied the folder so I could just restore it for an update).

I rebooted and now I'm at the splash screen. Forever.

My question.

Can I push the app file on my sdcard to my system folder using ADB? or is there a way to make an update.zip with just the app folder? I'd rather do the latter as my ADB experience is nill. If I can do either, someone please give me a generous description.

I had done the same thing in a way. I had to flash back with the sbf file and start all over. That's all I know. Good luck.

Talios

Reaction score
Doubt that your computer will see the phone in the first place; so no push. +1 to the OP.

OP
1694kyle

1694kyle

Reaction score
I just booted to recovery and restored an old backup. I just really wanted the data on this one. I've got the messed up version in a backup if someone figures out something

Or if someone can tell me how to edit .Img in mac os. I just want to edit the system.img and replace the app folder

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk