Now in Europe!!

dettofatto

Reaction score
Now we can buy it also in Europe!
Anyone know where, or when we can find the European sbf?
Because I have some issue with some gsm cells and I can't call, sometimes, under edge signal... I don't know why, but I think that I can improve switching to European sbf....
Yes.. I know that it is impossible to know...

sent from my Motosola!

chaihg

Reaction score
Motorola Pro has been in europe for almost 4-5months now. Problem is that no one knows about the sbf. It has not been leaked. Only thing to do is to ask someone with the developer access to Motorola File Network to share it with us.
But I dont think they exist in such forums here.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Now we can buy it also in Europe!
Anyone know where, or when we can find the European sbf?
Because I have some issue with some gsm cells and I can't call, sometimes, under edge signal... I don't know why, but I think that I can improve switching to European sbf....
Yes.. I know that it is impossible to know...

sent from my Motosola!

If you're talking about flashing the (yet to be found) European SBF onto your unlocked Droid Pro from the United States, don't do it. It won't work. SBFs are phone-specific, meaning they'll only work with the phones that they're made for. While they share a lot of similarities, the Droid Pro in American and the Motorola Pro in Europe are different phones with differences in hardware and software. If you do manage to get the SBF, you'll run the risk of damaging the phone by flashing it.

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
If you're talking about flashing the (yet to be found) European SBF onto your unlocked Droid Pro from the United States, don't do it. It won't work. SBFs are phone-specific, meaning they'll only work with the phones that they're made for. While they share a lot of similarities, the Droid Pro in American and the Motorola Pro in Europe are different phones with differences in hardware and software. If you do manage to get the SBF, you'll run the risk of damaging the phone by flashing it.

Oh... no... Are you sure?

sent from my Motosola!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Oh... no... Are you sure?

sent from my Motosola!

100% positive. SBFs are designed for specific phones, and they are not interchangeable with other phones.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

No, it's not. Even though they share more similarities than differences, there are differences between them. For example, the Droid Pro has a CDMA radio in addition to the GSM radio. The Motorola Pro only has a GSM radio. That's a major hardware difference between the phones that affects how the software is designed for the phone. It doesn't matter how similar two phones seem. If they have different model numbers, they are different phones. SBFs are not interchangeable with different phones.

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
Bsweetness,

If you look at the web page carefully, the Motorola Pro supports both GSM and CDMA network.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Bsweetness,

If you look at the web page carefully, the Motorola Pro supports both GSM and CDMA network.

Well, I'll be darned. What's interesting is that most sites do not list CDMA support on the European Motorola Pro. I'll take Moto's word for it on that site though, so bad example then.

But the point I was trying to make is still valid. SBFs are made for specific phones, and are not intended to be flashed on another phone. Trying to do so is just asking for problems. Anyone is of course welcome to do whatever they would like to with their phone, but the first rule of flashing a SBF is only flash one designed for your specific phone.

TooUglyForU

Reaction score
My guess is that Motorola chose the easiest way. Ask lens supplier to produce a version with Verizon, minor tweaks in SW and you get Motorola Pro.

Besides, I think Motorola would try sell the Pro mainly to European business people, hence keeping the "World Phone" tag.

mir2006

Reaction score
The european PRO is (or will be) available in France, UK, Italy and Germany. I hope we can find the original sbf ina few weeks/months...