Novice Bionic User Problems when having to dial an extension or an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudette

Reaction score
I am new to the bionic and smartphones in general. I am on my second Bionic and it has the same problem as the first. I can dial a number without a problem, but if I have to then enter an option "1" for yes or for an extension, 9 times out of 10 I can't enter that number "1". The screen may just ignore that I pressed the one even if I press it several times, or it might go black. I can almost never reach Verizon or my pharmacy, etc., because I'm always prompted to dial an option and for some reason that is extremely difficult with both the bionics I have owned. I don't want to just keep taking them back, there must be something I am doing wrong. I WISH I had buttons............lol

Any help would be appreciated!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm stabbing in the dark.. but go into your dialer, tap options, assisted dialing, make sure its enabled... that's all I've got.

Hope this helps..
I could be misunderstanding the problem..

OP
C

Claudette

Reaction score
I did what you suggested. Assisted dialing seems to be on.

The problem comes when I have dialed my pharmacy (for example) and I am prompted to dial a "1" if I want a prescription refilled. When I tap the "1" nothing happens - it is just seemingly ignored by by phone. Sometimes if I press the "1" harder and harder several times, it might eventually register. Other times, I might try to tap the "1" and the screen will go black. When I move my hand the dial pad comes back on but when I attempt to tap the "1" it might go black again.

this is the second phone and they all seem to do the same thing...... Even my pass code for my Verizon account begins with the number 1 and I can almost never enter it. Luckily, if I just hang on the line a person eventually takes my call without my pass code or option selection.

I can't believe others don't have this same problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You have another thread with this same issue going on here >>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224749

Try to keep your posts about the same subject in one area.. it makes it easier to get all of your suggestions and info in one place. :)

I'm locking this thread.. good luck with your issue. I hope you find a solution. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.