November Security Update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Looks like the November Security Update is rolling out. Change log attached. A few bug fixes in this one, and supposedly a 5G update will be rolling out with this next week for the Pixel 5 and 4a 5G. My phone still shows that is is "up-to-date" but I'm sure it will update soon.
3875b7705a78bbd5296178736391de2f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing for me yet on Verizon. I know Verizon said the Pixel 5 & 4a 5G update was delayed until next week for Verizon models. I wonder if they messed up and are holding the update for all Pixels instead of just those two?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought only P5 as well... Hmmm
I thought so too. My guess is that someone at Verizon screwed up and held up the update for all Pixels instead of just the 5G models, because this update is supposed to enable nationwide 5G on the Pixel 5 and 4a 5G along with the normal security update. Someone probably flipped the "hold" switch on all Pixels?????

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I thought so too. My guess is that someone at Verizon screwed up and held up the update for all Pixels instead of just the 5G models, because this update is supposed to enable nationwide 5G on the Pixel 5 and 4a 5G along with the normal security update. Someone probably flipped the "hold" switch on all Pixels?????

Haha let’s flip them the switch

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just read on another Forum....if you enrolled in the Android 11 Beta (like me) go unenroll / opt out and then you should start getting monthly updates again. I just did and am downloading the November security patch now. I thought we were automatically unenrolled, but apparently not.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good tip makes sense I think a way.. I remember being on beta it didn't always come same time..

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
We received the November update on my wife's Pixel 5 Sunday night, and it did enable 5G access to Verizon's Nationwide 5G. It does display 5G now, as expected. Speeds are a little better than 4G LTE. Not a whole lot faster, but it is a little faster. But that's OK with me, speeds did not decrease as so many users reported after Nationwide 5G was activated in their area; so all is good here. I am confident that the Pixel 5 will get monthly updates in a timely manner now that this one finally rolled out.