Nougat?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Hi all. I swiched out my Moto Z Force Droid for Tmo, and the S7 edge. I keep getting a msg to upgrade, as i'm running MM. These horror stories i read about the 7.0 update, in this forum and others, has kept me from pulling the trigger. Is there anyone, anywhere who has had a good experience after upgrading to 7.0?
P.S. I'm ok with keeping MM on the phone, as it runs great. Thanks for any feedback.:p

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You may want to check out this thread; Update to Nougat on my S7 - Not happy

From that thread, it looks to me like any issues are minor, not universal and easily remedied.

If you are going to update to nougat, now would be the best time to do it because your phone is new without any old data or settings conflicting with the new OS. It is best recommendation to do a factory data reset when upgrading to new OS. That is a lot more work and more necessary when the phone has been running on an old OS for months. Not so much work and not as necessary when the phone is new.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You may want to check out this thread; Update to Nougat on my S7 - Not happy

From that thread, it looks to me like any issues are minor, not universal and easily remedied.

If you are going to update to nougat, now would be the best time to do it because your phone is new without any old data or settings conflicting with the new OS. It is best recommendation to do a factory data reset when upgrading to new OS. That is a lot more work and more necessary when the phone has been running on an old OS for months. Not so much work and not as necessary when the phone is new.

Which comes first, the update or the factory reset?:confused:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Actually, what is absolute best is to do the fdr before & after. But given your phone is new, you probably really don't need to do one at all.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No probs here. FDR before and after. Loving it. Disregard the occasional person who is unhappy because their phone had like 50 apps and didn't want to back up and FDR.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm running 7.0 now, with absolutely NO problems. Skipped the FDR completely, and it's all good. I've found that the stock email and msg apps are as good as the 3rd party ones. Actually, the stock msg app gets me my hotmail quicker than Aquamail, Bluemail, K-9, etc. because it uses Microsoft Exchange Active Sync. I would like it if the screen opened when a notification came in, but i can get that with a third party app called "screen notifications". So far, battery life is slightly better than 6.0, but i attribute that to the apps that i don't use any more, and were deleted.:p:p:p