Nougat broke Do not disturb

Madman101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I have a lot of alarms and i use the do not disturb feature to mute ONLY alarms on my days off but since nougat the option to make custom rules hass the alarm slider forced on

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. What kind of phone are you using? When you drill down into the actual Automatic Rules within the DND Settings, do you have a Total Silence option?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Madman101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Samsun s7 edge and yes i can set it to no exceptions which will give me total silence but i want everything except the alarms to get through

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I suppose this is how Google intended DND to work in Nougat? On my phone, the Alarms option was always defaulted to always on even before Nougat.

OP
M

Madman101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Samsun s7 edge and yes i can set it to no exceptions which will give me total silence but i want everything except the alarms to get through
That was my concern too BUT if they wanted it to be always on like that it seems odd to have left the slider added if we cant use it

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good point. I'm pretty sure the slider has always been grayed out on Moto phones, alarms will always sound with DND u less you select the Total Silence option. Not sure why Google left the slider visible? I thought that was the same for every Android phone, there's that "fragmentation" kicking up again

OP
M

Madman101

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Do you know of an other way i can mute alarms all at once.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not that I am aware of in stock Android. The DND Priority Only Settings have Alarms as always a priority, so I don't think there is a way. There may be apps that can do this? But I am not aware of any. My DND usage is the exact opposite, I want only alarms to sound when I have DND activated, and Priority Callers.