Nougat anyone?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Speaker Mod is really low. for a 3W+3W Speaker is is much lower than my Super Tiny Anker 3W Ring Box Sized BT Speaker. I have already tried 2 and no difference.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have noticed all of a sudden my Moto Z Force battery draining faster since Upgrade. gSAM shows 83.6% combined App CPU usage. What is that all about? Anyone else seeing this?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Today is my first full day with my Z Force. Upgraded to Nougat last night before I even setup my accounts and apps. Moto Voice and Android OS have been draining my battery all day. Rebooted twice, and now am going to clear Data in the Moto app and set it up again. Hopefully one time glitches, and not bugs in Nougat.

I don't like the Nougat Notification panel, but that's probably just me. I liked the Marshmallow Notification panel much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Today is my first full day with my Z Force. Upgraded to Nougat last night before I even setup my accounts and apps. Moto Voice and Android OS have been draining my battery all day. Rebooted twice, and now am going to clear Data in the Moto app and set it up again. Hopefully one time glitches, and not bugs in Nougat.

I don't like the Nougat Notification panel, but that's probably just me. I liked the Marshmallow Notification panel much better.

I agree about the notification panel

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Mine randomly auto installed about 2-3 days ago, didn't realize it till I woke up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but my notification bar is now LOADED with repeat notifications. I can't figure out how to make them stop. For instance I keep swiping away the "10 apps have been updated' and it always comes back. I swear I did it at least 5 times in an hour, I don't have nearly enough apps for that many to coincidentally update so often, all day every day. If I don't check an email right away, it comes back after not too long. So It is kind of annoying having to always swipe away all this stuff every time I pull down the notification bar, but overall the phone seems to be running a little better.

I use Smart Launcher so I can't say much about any stock improvements outside of including shortcuts to actions in the notification bar. This is nice, but I used Power Switches, which is customized with stuff the 7.0 one doesn't have, so now I have two shortcut things in my notification bar, which doesn't help with the repeat notifications. But I'm worried about some sort of conflict so I'll get rid of Power Switches, even though I loved it.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Mine randomly auto installed about 2-3 days ago, didn't realize it till I woke up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but my notification bar is now LOADED with repeat notifications. I can't figure out how to make them stop. For instance I keep swiping away the "10 apps have been updated' and it always comes back. I swear I did it at least 5 times in an hour, I don't have nearly enough apps for that many to coincidentally update so often, all day every day. If I don't check an email right away, it comes back after not too long. So It is kind of annoying having to always swipe away all this stuff every time I pull down the notification bar, but overall the phone seems to be running a little better.

I use Smart Launcher so I can't say much about any stock improvements outside of including shortcuts to actions in the notification bar. This is nice, but I used Power Switches, which is customized with stuff the 7.0 one doesn't have, so now I have two shortcut things in my notification bar, which doesn't help with the repeat notifications. But I'm worried about some sort of conflict so I'll get rid of Power Switches, even though I loved it.
Sounds like something isn't playing nice. I, personally, haven't had anything like that happen. Good luck getting it figured out. Please let us know if & when you get it resolved. I'm curious as to what's causing that.

R

RETG

Good to know that the Moto Z Force I should be receiving on Tuesday will either have or at least immediately update to 7.0.:D (Verizon still shows it with 6.0; however, they probably have not updated their website.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You must be excited.. Enjoy your Moto Z Force when you get it... There may be a small update you might have to download once you set up your phone. I've had nougat for awhile but just recently got that update which fixed a problem people were having with low audio volume on their notifications.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good to know that the Moto Z Force I should be receiving on Tuesday will either have or at least immediately update to 7.0.:D (Verizon still shows it with 6.0; however, they probably have not updated their website.
Yes, if you are purchasing either the Moto Z or Z Force it will be ready for Nougat if not already installed. Plus at least one, if not more, Security / System Updates. The Z Play and Z Play Droid are still on Marshmallow, but that Nougat update for them has started in some countries (rumor has it) and should be rolling out to all soon.

Just a word of advice, activate the phone, don't enter your Google account and don't download any apps. Upgrade to whatever OS / system updates are available and let all those finish. Then do a FDR and then setup the phone with your Google account and apps. I did it that way and have had OK battery life on Nougat. Not as great as Marshmallow, but decent enough.

R

RETG

Yes, if you are purchasing either the Moto Z or Z Force it will be ready for Nougat if not already installed. Plus at least one, if not more, Security / System Updates. The Z Play and Z Play Droid are still on Marshmallow, but that Nougat update for them has started in some countries (rumor has it) and should be rolling out to all soon.

Just a word of advice, activate the phone, don't enter your Google account and don't download any apps. Upgrade to whatever OS / system updates are available and let all those finish. Then do a FDR and then setup the phone with your Google account and apps. I did it that way and have had OK battery life on Nougat. Not as great as Marshmallow, but decent enough.

Good advice. That is why I was happy that it will either have or will almost (within a few minutes of turn on) have the 7.0 update available. I can do the FDR before going through the gmail account login, adding of apps and changing settings. But I'm guessing, since this phone is selling really good on Verizon with the great deal they are offering, it has 7.0 already installed (and hopefully the system update that appears to have fixed the notification sound).
I'll post after I get the phone up and running in a few days.

garya

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Moto Z Force
Good advice. That is why I was happy that it will either have or will almost (within a few minutes of turn on) have the 7.0 update available. I can do the FDR before going through the gmail account login, adding of apps and changing settings. But I'm guessing, since this phone is selling really good on Verizon with the great deal they are offering, it has 7.0 already installed (and hopefully the system update that appears to have fixed the notification sound).
I'll post after I get the phone up and running in a few days.

No, I received mine last Tuesday and it is still running 6.0, but I was offered to upgrade to 7.0 not long after I set it up and started using it. I am trying to get used to the phone so I declined the upgrade.

I missed the long-hold keyboard from my LG phones, but then I downloaded SwiftKey and fixed that issue. Other than that the phone has worked great and I get good battery life - usually about 1/3rd left after about 10 hours of light/moderate use. The only thing that really drained it is when I was streaming Pandora and iHeartRadio the other day. But it didn't go much below 15% before I was able to get home and charge it. My Micro-USB to USB-C adapter came today, so I will be able to charge the phone in the car. I am also able to use a fairly generic USB-A to USB-C cable to connect my phone to my computer and it rapid charges.

The one thing I can think of that I don't like is that NFC on/off is not in the notification section. With my old LGs, I could add and subtract what showed up in notifications and put them in any order that I wanted.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No, I received mine last Tuesday and it is still running 6.0, but I was offered to upgrade to 7.0 not long after I set it up and started using it. I am trying to get used to the phone so I declined the upgrade.

I missed the long-hold keyboard from my LG phones, but then I downloaded SwiftKey and fixed that issue. Other than that the phone has worked great and I get good battery life - usually about 1/3rd left after about 10 hours of light/moderate use. The only thing that really drained it is when I was streaming Pandora and iHeartRadio the other day. But it didn't go much below 15% before I was able to get home and charge it. My Micro-USB to USB-C adapter came today, so I will be able to charge the phone in the car. I am also able to use a fairly generic USB-A to USB-C cable to connect my phone to my computer and it rapid charges.

The one thing I can think of that I don't like is that NFC on/off is not in the notification section. With my old LGs, I could add and subtract what showed up in notifications and put them in any order that I wanted.
You can rearrange Notification tiles with Nougat. Sounds like Google took the idea from LG, from what you just posted.

Edit: Looks like you can't add an NFC tile though.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am also able to use a fairly generic USB-A to USB-C cable to connect my phone to my computer and it rapid charges.
As far as I know usb a to usb c doesn't turbo charge even if it shows up as it does as there isn't enough voltage, especially from 5v computer port. Let me know if you can actually recharge a drained phone to full in an hour.