Notififations

dominator77

Reaction score
The notification tone that I set for a text message is the same for powering up the phone, voicemail, etc.... (kind of annoying) is there a way to change that? ### Also how do I change what phone I have in droid forums? I briefly had a thunderbolt and it says that's the phone Im using now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrstdvd

Reaction score
If you are using stock texting app you can set notification tone in the app >settings > Notifications, check it, then Select Ringtone will be enabled and you can choose a tone for text messages.

I use handcent and the process is similar.

And on the black bar at top of page is "User CP" That is where you can change you phone type on here along with many other things.

OP
D

dominator77

Reaction score
Thank you chrstdvd, I didnt know about those editing options in droid forums... as for the notification tones..it doesnt seem to give you the option to select a different tone for powering on phone or for voicemail. It just uses the same 'notification' tone selected for every alert. Theres only 2 options: a tone for ringtone, and a single tone for all notifications...kinda annoying

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
If you use Go SMS Pro it will let you change the notification ring tone. Just make sure to disable notifications in the stock text app. This is nto a fix per say but a work around. Plus Go SMS Pro is VERY customizable.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go Sms is my favorite sms client for sure.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2