notifications

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by diddy33, Mar 1, 2013.

1. diddy33

diddy33 New Member

How do i add new sounds?
  2. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

have to use a third part app like this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fra.customalerts&hl=en for non-rooted phones.

for rooted phones use root explorer or something simular. using root explorer navigate to system>media>audio>notifications drop in there using the move feature in root explorer. must be a .ogg file format
    (change the extension name to.ogg......voicemail.mp3 to voicemail.ogg). then when you go to sound and notification it will appear as a choice.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  3. z96Cobra

z96Cobra Member

You don't need to be rooted or use third party apps, other than a file explorer. Create a new folder called "Media". Then create sub-folders (if you want) of "Ringtones", "Alarms" and "Notifications". Add your files to the proper folders. You can use ogg, mp3, and possibly, wav files.
  4. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

yeah good luck with that...
  5. rherron

rherron New Member

??

That's how you do it. Just plug the device into a computer and drop whatever sounds you want in the folders.

Or download Zedge.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  6. bbucks36

bbucks36 New Member

i can get the ringtone only to work for that way. but for other notifications i.e. text message or email or batter low.. never would direct itself using built in method. unless i use a third party app. and when i reboot it would restore to default sound. guess im missing something. stock ICS rooted.. so i did the rooted way by dropping them in via system media folder. . no probs since. so how do you direct the notification to that folder if you create a folder in your SD-ext or SD?
  7. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

I'm stock ICS non-rooted, and the media folder method works fine for me. I used it to get the original "Drooooid" sound on my Bionic for the text notification, as well as other notification sounds. Also loaded the "Crank" ringtone. That said, I set this all up on the original Bionic OS, not ICS. Still works on ICS though.
Search tags for this page

notification .ogg

ringtone format for android 4.2

text message notification ogg