Notifications

jj2palmer

Reaction score
Thank you! That worked on the droid 2 when I chose "silent" from the android ringtones for each particular notification. There wasn't actually a way to just turn off the particular notification, but silent is the same thing.

droidxmn

Reaction score
I keep getting a notification that I have two unsent messages but I've deleted all text conversations and restarted my phone. Can't get it to stop popping up. How do I fix this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I keep getting a notification that I have two unsent messages but I've deleted all text conversations and restarted my phone. Can't get it to stop popping up. How do I fix this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Are you using any third party text replacements?

droidxmn

Reaction score
no. i have nothing special on my phone and have not replaced any of the stock programs

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
hmm then that is rather peculiar. If its the texting app you can try going to it, hit the menu button (the far left button that has the four square on it), and then go to the message settings and uncheck the notifications. See if it clears them if not try going to the messaging app and doing the same thing for the others as well. Then if it goes away check on notifications again and hopefully those notifications should be cleared.

update: when i have a unsent text i dont get the notification you describe. I think i have gotten this notification when an email is not sent but that was a long time ago and i just hit resend again on the email and it went away, but try what i said earlier first. Hope any of this helps and hopefully some one else with more knowledge then I can help us out. :)

Last edited:

tecnatc

Reaction score
Thanks Lex! I get the same thing. I turned off notifications, rebooted, reenabled notifications and they're still there.
I've learned not to send confirmations via text but still have four incidents. Didn't learn fast enough!

TecNatC DroidX

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anybody figure out how to get a non-stock sound to be played? I want my "Droid" back.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I like the droid sound too!

After owning 3 different types of droids, I miss it too :) But actually there is a way to get it back. If you plug in your SD card to the PC, open the media folder, then go into the notifications folder. If you find the "droid" sound online, drop the file into this folder, thenunplug the phone from your PC and just look in your notification sounds, and you'll see it in there.

Look around for it, but if you can't find the sound, let me know through this thread and I'll post it for you. Someone posted the actual sound clip ripped from the original droid in the D2G forum since that phone for some reason doesnt have the Droid sound either.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Hey I am right there with ya OP. I love the "Droooooooiiiiiiidddddd" notification and used it for my text messages. I am going to try to email it to myself from my husband's X. Otherwise I am sure it is online somewhere.

urklegrue

Reaction score
The Zedge ringtones app has the Droid sound, and you can set it as the notification right from the app. I actually downloaded the one called "Droid kills iPhone" because it made me chuckle.

Jahmakan

Reaction score
If it works anything like the Desire HD/Inspire, you should be able to use a file managing app (such as Astro) and create a folder named "notifications" and once you place the sound you want in there, it should show up as a choice in the selection screen.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anybody figure out how to get a non-stock sound to be played? I want my "Droid" back.

You're the only person I've heard of that actually liked that.....by the way, you own a Thunderbolt now, not a DROID.
No I'm not. Everyone I know with a droid likes the "Drrrooiiiiddd" sound. And yes I have TB but what does that have to do with me getting custom notifications to work?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have the ogg file but I had no idea how to get it to work.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If it works anything like the Desire HD/Inspire, you should be able to use a file managing app (such as Astro) and create a folder named "notifications" and once you place the sound you want in there, it should show up as a choice in the selection screen.
I copied over my old media folder from the DX and it works great! Thank you.

The path I used.
SDCard/Media/Audio/Notifications