Notifications... Why are they all the same?

kmwrhayes

Reaction score
It's either a Motorola or a Verizon customization (sucks!)... not an Android thing. The Android 2.3.4 user guide shows on page 223 : http://static.googleusercontent.com...lp/hc/pdfs/mobile/AndroidUsersGuide-2.3.4.pdf shows all the customizations you can do BY ACCOUNT (including unique ringtones by account). Motorola or Verizon has swapped the "combined inbox" and the "all-in-one" view I'm used to for the "universal inbox" (have to check each account) and taken away all the other customizations that can be done by email account. Yep. Definitely don't like it.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'd give it a little time, remember, we got fast updates on other droid phones after release before. Motorola and VZW read this forum, I know this for a fact. Feedback is what fuels the changes in updates. They better fix the video zoom also!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok try this.. long shot, go to the messaging app that came with it and hit email, and see if all your accounts are there. Then try the notifications for each account.

kmwrhayes

Reaction score
nope that doesn't work either. I ended up downloading K9 from marketplace and I'm back in business now. It's not as pretty as the straight-up Android email, but it's MUCH more customizable than the garbage that Moto/VZ stuck us with after customizing Gingerbread. Now.. if I could just get the LED light to work :) (at least I'm less likely now to turn in my Bionic)

secrets78

Reaction score
Ok thank CJM for this, but heres how to change your gmail alert. Open Gmail: Settings/More/Settings click on your gmail account, scroll all the way to the bottom and make sure "Email Notifications" is checked, then click labels to notify, then inbox - there you will see the option to change the gmail ringtone.

Wow thank you so much , I got the BIONIC last night , and my emails were going on all night and I couldnt find a way to silent them like I had in my other Droid, you wouldnt believe when I tell you that I went to the verizon stand at the mall and they said there wasnt a way to seperate the notifications alerts for texts and emails.....what a joke, anyways thank you for posting this , huge help...xoxoxox:p:icon_ banana::heart::reddroid: