notifications while listening to music?

???

Reaction score
any way to turn off the pause in goggle music when a message comes in?

I wouldn't mind it playing it at the same time, but the pause sucks after a while

prowler85

Reaction score
Don't think it's just google music. I don't think the os can play audio from two different sources at the same time. I think even if you turn off notifications on your messages it still pauses the music for a second. I'm just glad it continues playing. In old builds my music would pause and stay paused. Sucked when listening to music on my motorocycle.

OP
?

???

Reaction score
well it can play audio from google music and a different player at the same, ive done that.

lame we cant kill the pause, but guess it could be worse

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I haven't gotten a text while listening to Google Music for awhile, but iirc, it's just a small maybe 1 second pause. Unless you're having a conversation while listening to it, it shouldn't be too annoying.

I would think one way to rid of the pause is turning off the notifications in the texting app, though I would think you'd have to do that everytime

OP
?

???

Reaction score
well its not just text, i hardly text. but i use kik and am in a few rooms with friends and we all bs all day. so its a lot of pauses.

just seems like a simple thing, that I had hoped I. missed a setting somewhere but like the ringer volume lock. there's not a simple fix. blah

prowler85

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a text while listening to Google Music for awhile, but iirc, it's just a small maybe 1 second pause. Unless you're having a conversation while listening to it, it shouldn't be too annoying.

I would think one way to rid of the pause is turning off the notifications in the texting app, though I would think you'd have to do that everytime

I think it still gives a slight pause. I have notifications off for gmail, and it still pauses my music whenever one comes in. It is just for a brief second, but it's noticeable. Not sure about mms, think it does about the same, though I have sounds set for my incoming text.

But yeah, if you were constantly being bombarded it would be annoying. Just don't know of any way to fix it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think it still gives a slight pause. I have notifications off for gmail, and it still pauses my music whenever one comes in. It is just for a brief second, but it's noticeable. Not sure about mms, think it does about the same, though I have sounds set for my incoming text.

But yeah, if you were constantly being bombarded it would be annoying. Just don't know of any way to fix it.
Hmm guess turning off notifications won't do anything then. Slight annoyance, but I don't text, or try not to while I'm driving. Unless I'm meeting up with friends or family in places we've never been to. Normally I have 2 other mp3 players for music so my Nexus is usually a last resort source.