Notifications when Apps are updated??

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by CaptainDango, Nov 29, 2009.

1. CaptainDango

CaptainDango New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have a bunch of apps on my phone, when I first got my phone when an app in the store has been updated I got a notification on my phone on the top menu bar saying I have an update available for a certain app.

Lately I do not get any more notifications when an app is updated, I went into the menu in the app store and made sure the "notify me when items are updated" was checked.

What else could it be? I have to manually go into the markeplace download section everyday to check if there are any updates available for my apps, which kinda sucks. :mad:

Anybody else have this problem? How long does it usually take after an app has been updated do you guys get the notification to update? I would assume instantly correct?

2. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think if you waited a little longer they would come through. I think they take about a day to hit your phone in my experience.

3. musicman

musicman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the app aTrackDog. It does a great job keeping me updated.

4. REPBRAD

REPBRAD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Captain, same issue as you. Go to download and check for updates. Also have setting for auto notification.

5. phone

phone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tested this as well. I saw an update was available for one of my apps in the morning, the notification didn't come in until late afternoon.