Notifications: Sound to Vibrate to Sound ?

downtime57

Reaction score
Hello,

The only way I've found to switch the phone to/from Vibrate is go into Settings. Using the power button pop-up turns off everything (even if I've left both the Sound and Vibrate on in Settings).

Is there an easier way or an app/widget that will do this one-click (sort of) ?

Thanks,

Peter.

LouS

Reaction score
Ringo Lite will do this and you can put a short cut on your home screen. Plus it willl let you use different tones for texts from different contacts...

BrendonSF

Reaction score
WidgetLocker does exactly this, and is an awesome app. Note that to keep it from going sound --> vibrate --> silent, you'll have to change the appropriate setting.

OP
D

downtime57

Reaction score
If you turn the ringer volume all the way down it doesnt have a vibrate mode it goes to?

Hi,

Well, that's the closest to what I was looking for. Although it still seems to take a little effort to make sure you stop just before it goes completely silent. But, you can then just bump it up one click and it goes into vibrate mode. Maybe I can do that while driving and not get myself killed :icon_eek:

re: Ringo Lite and WidgetLocker - too much functionality I think ? I'm really not interested in all that customization/power but was just looking for a quick, easy way to 'toggle' between Sound and Vibrate (without going into the Menu). Will either do that ?

Thanks for the help,

Peter.

Nadious

Reaction score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed using the 2.2 leak, that my phone will not go the 'silent' anymore by turning the volume down. It did on 2.1, but in the 2.2 leak, it stops at Vibrate. Anyone else notice this?

akates

Reaction score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed using the 2.2 leak, that my phone will not go the 'silent' anymore by turning the volume down. It did on 2.1, but in the 2.2 leak, it stops at Vibrate. Anyone else notice this?

You're correct, it only goes down to vibrate on 2.2. I use the SwitchPro widget to toggle between sound, vibrate, and silent. I also have it set up to control wifi, bluetooth, gps, brightness, and flashlight (until it stopped working in 2.2)

cygnusloop

Reaction score
I use the free "Silent Toggle Widget" from the Marketplace. It gives me one icon sized button that toggles from sound to vibrate to silent. Works perfectly for me.

OP
D

downtime57

Reaction score
I use the free "Silent Toggle Widget" from the Marketplace. It gives me one icon sized button that toggles from sound to vibrate to silent. Works perfectly for me.

Exactly what I was looking for !

Thanks very much,

amojeba

Reaction score

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! It ALMOST works....

I set it to vibrate, but I get no vibrate notification for emails or text messages. It silences the sound. And it vibrates for calls.

Anyone else have this issue? On a Droid X, unrooted.

igotgame

Reaction score

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! It ALMOST works....

I set it to vibrate, but I get no vibrate notification for emails or text messages. It silences the sound. And it vibrates for calls.

Anyone else have this issue? On a Droid X, unrooted.

I am having the same issue. It's almost perfect...if it vibrated when text messages came through.

bigeye

Reaction score
Eris issue

Droid Eris issue! I am on my fourth droid eris and still having an issue. If I power the phone off and turn it back on the ringer will go to silent by itself. I switch it back during the day and it will continue to switch back randomly. I am not running any aps except Google. Has anyone else had this issue?

fellings

Reaction score
I use Silent Mode OnOff free app from Marketplace. It is easy and works. It must be similar to the Silent Toggle Widget, which I have not tried.

Shawn2774

Reaction score
If you have the Beautiful Widgets app from the marketplace it has a vibrate widget that you can put on your homescreen. One touch and you are in vibrate, one more and you are back at your previous volume level.

Technoman

Reaction score
Droid Eris issue! I am on my fourth droid eris and still having an issue. If I power the phone off and turn it back on the ringer will go to silent by itself. I switch it back during the day and it will continue to switch back randomly. I am not running any aps except Google. Has anyone else had this issue?

You do know that you are in the forum area for the Droid X don't you? Not many here would be able to answer anything about the Eris.