Notifications and LED Light Customization

nathinb

Reaction score
The Droid is a great phone, but I have been trying desperately to customize my notifications so when I have a missed call, text, voicemail, or email the phone's LED Light flashes different colors. I dont know why this wouldn't be a standard feature under the phone's notification menus, but it's not. And the closest app I found that did something like this was "MissedCall." It lets you change calls and texts, but it doesn't allow for you to customize emails or voicemails...

Am I missing something? Can the Droid do this on its own, or is there another app out there that lets you change the led colors, ringtones, and settings like that for all notification types?

madpanic

Reaction score
handcent allows changing the led for texts.
red= low battery
somehow there is a blue one for facebook.

mrz123

Reaction score
Try Missed Call. Doesn't have every app, but lets you customize rington, LED color, etc for many notifications.

tacc

Reaction score
gmail notifier. if nothing else it allows you to customize gmail led alerts

DroidFan

Reaction score
Twidroid also will blink blue for new tweets.

Handcent will allow you to customize colors for specific contacts upon receiving a text. One of my favorite features!

jak86

Reaction score
I tried Missed call and it doesnt support any kind of ringtone options for the calendar. Does anyone know of an app that has options to change ringtones and how long they chime? Im trying to find a way for my calendar to get my attention better since the droid calendar only chimes once.