1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification widgets for stock rooted

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus Development' started by hanfeitzu02, Jan 6, 2012.

1. hanfeitzu02

hanfeitzu02 New Member

I'm really liking stock. I've got blacked out/ inverted apps, and all my root programs... the only thing I'm missing is the pull down widgets,which I know I can get in custom roms. but I want to stay on stock for now.

Is there a zip for notification Widgets for stock floating around somewhere? Is this even a possibility?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

There are a couple of apps in the market that might do what you are looking for...

More Quickly Panel - https://market.android.com/details?...tYWJ3YXJlLmFuZHJvaWQuTW9yZVF1aWNrbHlQYW5lbCJd - DMX has a nice app write up thread but I couldn't locate that link.

Widgetsoid - https://market.android.com/details?...rch_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5qaW0yIl0.

I have not messed with MQP much but I do use Widgetsoid - it is customizable and the toggles can be used from the notification bar which is a plus.
  3. hanfeitzu02

hanfeitzu02 New Member

Good call. Widgetsoid is doing the trick. A few quirks I'd prefer to be rid of... but a decent alternative until I decide to start roming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. firefighterguy

firefighterguy New Member

Widgetsoid is good for what it does - a BASIC workaround for people unrooted or who ar rooted but want ONLY the basic run down. Personally, I would prefer to see a mod for it. It should be relatively simple. And I am surprised that I haven't seen one yet. I have seen them for all of my Moto crap. This G-Nex would be more friendly still for such a mod. What people did was mod their SystemUI.apk. I would have done it, but that sort of thing is still over my head.
Search tags for this page
notification widgets for a rooted phone

rooted widgets

widgets for rooted android