Notification timmer

jgumphress

Reaction score
I like the idea that the Droid gives you a notice when something comes in. I keep mine on the iconic "DROID". But, I also use my Droid as an alarm clock in it's OEM desk stand. My only complaint here is that all night long it wakes me with the DROID tone avery time an email comes in. Is there a way of setting a timer on to turn off the alert between certain hours?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the idea that the Droid gives you a notice when something comes in. I keep mine on the iconic "DROID". But, I also use my Droid as an alarm clock in it's OEM desk stand. My only complaint here is that all night long it wakes me with the DROID tone avery time an email comes in. Is there a way of setting a timer on to turn off the alert between certain hours?

lol, I laugh because I literally sleep with the Droid right next to my pillow and the Droid sound never wakes me up. I'm surprised I sleep through it.

The only thing I can suggest is putting it on airplane mode. That will stop data from coming in but once you take it off all your emails launched at night should be received.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about Locale? Does it do time and location, or just location? If it's the former, then you can use it as Hook says, but automatically.

shiccy

Reaction score
For me the "sounds all off" still lets alarms work. I just remember to turn off all sounds when I go to bed (and when the phone goes on the charger). Test it out, though ... don't want to make you late for work! ;)

SpenceJT

Reaction score

Check out the app "Setting Profiles". It allows you to set up "condition based" multiple rules. Conditional options include GPS coordinates (to determine activation based on location i.e. home, work etc.), Docking condition (Media or Car dock), Battery status (discharging, charging, etc.), and range of time. I have rules set up for my nightstand (I have replaced my clock radio with my Droid), Office, Driving, and a few extras. It can even be configured to launch an application based on which rule activates (I have it launch "DriveSafe.Ly" when in the driving mode - it announces caller ID and reads messages in a pleasant, easy to understand voice)

MontyMo

Reaction score
I use the app Sound Manager. It allows me to set the volume of all the various sounds of the Droid makes. It is all times based, not location.

I turn off the notifications at 10PM and back on at 7AM. I want the phone to ring 24-7 in case of emergency.

sound.jpg

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'd suggest Timeriffice (it's a free app). It lets you adjust certain things based on "times" that you specify.

Ringer Mute
Vibrate (on/off)
Main Volume (level %)
Notification Volume (level %)
Wifi (on/off)
Brightness (level %)
Airplane Mode (on/off)
Bluetooth (on/off)

Set it to turn notification volume to 0% at whatever time you want it to be silent and set another time for the volume level to be what you want when awake.

I've used it for quite a while now and once it's set.....you completely forget about it. My phone is silent during the night (except for the ringer....emergency call or something), Vibrates and turns on Wifi while at work and then Volume is at 100% and Wifi is off after work hours.

myriad46

Reaction score
I have used Timmerific for a long time, also. Works great!!

Hookbill: Airplane mode?....Really? Droid Does, remember?

OP
jgumphress

jgumphress

Reaction score
THANKS, that is what I was looking for. I am new to this forum and the Droid and already you all have been a big help. I am a long time Palm Treo addict but now my new love is my Droid. I know, I need to get a life. Right?