Notification Sounds

DroidLife4Ever

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to have different notification sounds for text and email?

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Yea set a notification ringtone in phone settings and set a text ringtone by going into text messaging and going into the settings and there should be one for a text sound.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

top_pin_or

Reaction score
when I go into my text messaging and hit settings it does not give me a option to have a seperate ringtone for text and notifications. Only a notification ringtone. I am using a Droid Bionic.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
when I go into my text messaging and hit settings it does not give me a option to have a seperate ringtone for text and notifications. Only a notification ringtone. I am using a Droid Bionic.

The notification sound in text messaging is for text only so it is separate than the phone notification ringtone in the actual sound settings of the phone. That's how it is on my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

steelman52

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to have different notification sounds for text and email?

Email notification sound setting is a little harder to find than text message sound.
Go to email, menu, more, settings, choose your email acct, labels to notify (all the way at the bottom), inbox, ringtone, (then choose your ringtone for your email)...whew! Could they have made it any harder to find?! Lol
Hope this helps you...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx