Notification sounds

jennyy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I downloaded "Hey! Listen!" from Zelda and set it as my notification sound, and it works fine when I get an email or a message from gtalk, however I'd also like to set the sound for whenever I receive regular texts. Anyone know how to do this?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I downloaded "Hey! Listen!" from Zelda and set it as my notification sound, and it works fine when I get an email or a message from gtalk, however I'd also like to set the sound for whenever I receive regular texts. Anyone know how to do this?

Welcome, jennyy! If you want to add anything (sounds, wav files, songs, whatever) it's very simple. Just mount your Droid and create a directory called "media" directly on the SD card. Then in the media directory create a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory create three subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder, and assign ringtones to contacts, email, and the alarm clock.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

It's that easy! You should be all set!

sneet

Reaction score
I've done the steps listed, but the only setting that recognizes the new .WAV file is changing the Ringtone. When attempting to change the TXT notification via the message applet, or changing the default notification sounds from within Settings, neither area recognizes the new .wav file regardless if it is in any one or all of the created folders. Music app also sees the new .wave file just fine, I just cant get Settings>Default notifications or the settings within sms messages to see the new file. I have an HTC Droid Eris on Verizon. Thoughts? ... thanks,

thflroes

Reaction score
AFter you create the folders and move the media in to the correct folders, reboot. I was having the same trouble....rebooted and now we are good to go!

sneet

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Actually, I have restarted the phone several times, the latest just this morning and I still cannot see any new entries in the notification sounds area, even though the file is in the media\audio\notifications folder on the SD card. New ringtones appear fine from those folders, just not notifications. Other thoughts?

stampy

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Actually, I have restarted the phone several times, the latest just this morning and I still cannot see any new entries in the notification sounds area, even though the file is in the media\audio\notifications folder on the SD card. New ringtones appear fine from those folders, just not notifications. Other thoughts?

I did it by down loading a song and at that time it gave me a few icons asking to assign to ans save as. hit save as and it will say default ringer or default notification. hit default notification. then go to your main page and hit messages. then hit menu and hit settings. scroll down to select sounds and hit that. scroll once again to default ringtone and hit that. close out and you should be good.

Jessdamess

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a way to set my text notification as something other than the boring ole ones from verizon that come on the phone?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was wondering if there was a way to set my text notification as something other than the boring ole ones from verizon that come on the phone?

Yes there's an app called ZEDGE where you can get some. Or creat a folder and name is "media" and subfolder named "notifications"

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Jessdamess

Reaction score
Where would i put the folder?

Sorry i'm new to this, I just got the phone 3 days ago and i used to have an LG Chocolate Touch

Jessdamess

Reaction score
Ok another question.how Do I save audio files people send me or I get from phone zoo?

Jessdamess

Reaction score
Ok another question.how Do I save audio files people send me or I get from phone zoo?