Notification Sounds Don't Play Now???

johnwathen

Reaction score
Over the past week or two my notification sounds won't play any longer. I don't get alerts from either my SMS or Gmail apps. I even tried installing other SMS apps in hopes that it was a glitchy app, but still nothing. All of my system settings are good and volumes are max for all notifications. The phone ringer works for incoming calls . . . very strange, anyone have any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Delete the SMS app that you have installed, you said you installed others, so I'm assuming that you have an SMS app currently installed.

If I'm wrong, then I apologize.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
J

johnwathen

Reaction score
I have already done that twice and used three different SMS apps, it does the same on all 3 apps, so it has to be something else. It used to work for over a year, this just started about a couple weeks ago. Also, the Gmail app has the same problem.

Also, when I go to system settings and "set" the notification tomes they make sound just fine, it's just when the actual app receives a new message that I don't hear anything.

Delete the SMS app that you have installed.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me... Nothing I tried fixed it... factory rest... Sbf(which would be like flashing a tot file for lg)... Still nothing... Switched roms... Still nothing... Then it just started working again... No idea what happened. But after it started playing again... It worked just fine... it was very odd

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

OP
J

johnwathen

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me... Nothing I tried fixed it... factory rest... Sbf(which would be like flashing a tot file for lg)... Still nothing... Switched roms... Still nothing... Then it just started working again... No idea what happened. But after it started playing again... It worked just fine... it was very odd

Very weird, how long did it take before it started working again?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried downloading something like speaker cleaner to see if that works??? Or maybe that activates the wrong speaker... its worth a shot, try it

Yep, I'm grasping at straws

OP
J

johnwathen

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading something like speaker cleaner to see if that works??? Or maybe that activates the wrong speaker... its worth a shot, try it

Yep, I'm grasping at straws

OK I'll give it a try, thanks

C4nibal

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. It randomly works and randomly doesnt..very frustrating. Did you find any solutions?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm having the same issue. It randomly works and randomly doesnt..very frustrating. Did you find any solutions?

The reason I suggest speaker cleaner is because it drives the speaker, and isn't dependant upon receiving a call/email/text... try this and see if it works. Let me know how this works, and we'll go from there :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

rfalk

Reaction score
I am a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Y and it stopped beeping when new text messages arrive.
I've tried every setting and even tried a reset factory settings. Nothing helped.
So I wrote an app to do this. Mind you, I did it mostly to solve my own problem.
It's free, there's no GUI and no ads.
If anyone is interested I uploaded it to Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...falk.falconsms

Roy Falk