Notification sounds disappear

CDGriffth16

Reaction score
The last three mornings I have woken up to find I have several things like emails or texts but my Droid did not make a sound as they came in. I thought maybe I just slept through them (unusual since I sleep with my phone by my head), but then when it came time for an alarm I have set to go off at noon it would be a ringtone different than the one I had chosen for it. I would then go into my alarm's ringtone choices to change it and they wouldn't play. However, if I turn off my phone and turn it back on everything works. This is really annoying, since I've been missing calls and texts, and really don't want to turn my phone off and on everyday. Any suggestions?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The last three mornings I have woken up to find I have several things like emails or texts but my Droid did not make a sound as they came in. I thought maybe I just slept through them (unusual since I sleep with my phone by my head), but then when it came time for an alarm I have set to go off at noon it would be a ringtone different than the one I had chosen for it. I would then go into my alarm's ringtone choices to change it and they wouldn't play. However, if I turn off my phone and turn it back on everything works. This is really annoying, since I've been missing calls and texts, and really don't want to turn my phone off and on everyday. Any suggestions?

Are these the stock ringtones that are acting up or are they files you've added to be used as ringtones? And if it's the latter, where did you place the files?

OP
C

CDGriffth16

Reaction score
Ringtones

The ringtones are ones I have put on my SD card when my phone was plugged into my computer via usb cable, which I properly mounted and unmounted from my computer. They are located in the "Alarms" folder and "Notifications" folder respectively. When this problem occurs, if I look at my SD card info on my phone, it still sees the card just fine, and says my stuff is still there. I have not checked to see if music would play when this problem occurs because I did not have music on my card. I put some on today and when this occurs tomorrow I will check.