Notification settings (text vs. email)...

thumper300zx

Reaction score
I have a job in which I am notified at night via text if an emergency needs to be taken care of.

My problem is, if I enable text notifications, it enables my email notification. I know how to go into my email and choose NO ALARM (etc) so it won't sound off. But I don't want to have to go back in every morning to enable those sounds.

Is there a way to quickly disable email notifications universally, but keep text notifications going?

I have AUDIO MANAGER PRO, but I don't see that being an option in there.

Beka27

Reaction score
Light Flow and Timeriffic both have time settings for alerts. I'm not sure if they would work for you but they're worth a look.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My problem is, if I enable text notifications, it enables my email notification.
You're enabling the system notification.

You need to check each app's notification settings (in the settings inside each app) to set up notificiations specifically for email, text, both or neither.

OP
T

thumper300zx

Reaction score
My problem is, if I enable text notifications, it enables my email notification.
You're enabling the system notification.

You need to check each app's notification settings (in the settings inside each app) to set up notificiations specifically for email, text, both or neither.

Each email account can have notifications set. I have four email accounts set up, so I had to go deep into settings and change all four.

However -- I found K9 mail has a universal NIGHT MODE, which can be set by timer to turn off all notifications within a time frame. That's better than nothing -- will use that for now.

Waiting4X

Reaction score
turn off email messages

This may be late for you - and not exactly what you are looking for... but my 2 cents...

If you go to email settings - email delivery - turn off Data push - set Fetch schedule for Manual. You will continue to get Txt msg's as they are sent --- you will only get email when you request update going to your email folder. I have 2.3.3 running now, but it was the same before this as well.

oirealtorsts

Reaction score
turn off email messages

That is exactly what I thought. Data push will ring every time an email comes in. Fetch schedule set on manual will ring when all the emails have been downloaded but at least you are controlling when it is going to ring. This is a really big glitch in the android system.