Notification Ringtones

Dare2Droid

Reaction score
Figured out how to xfer my old ringtones to the Droid SD card (create a folder called Ringtones)

However, they are not appearing as my notification ringtones.

Any suggestions?

iesous2

Reaction score
Figured out how to xfer my old ringtones to the Droid SD card (create a folder called Ringtones)

However, they are not appearing as my notification ringtones.

Any suggestions?
Go to market and download "ringdroid" free app and will make it possible to make tones for the Notification & Alarm ;)

firelight

Reaction score
ringdroid keeps crashing when opening a .wav file. I don't see a way to assigned sounds to the ringtone gallery either

iesous2

Reaction score
How did you download the files to your phone? My wife phone does that on all the songs that were carried over from her other phone.
ringdroid keeps crashing when opening a .wav file. I don't see a way to assigned sounds to the ringtone gallery either

Babshag

Reaction score
wav files are quite large....try to convert it to mp3 to see if that works

BillTheCat

Reaction score
How did you download the files to your phone? My wife phone does that on all the songs that were carried over from her other phone.

When you plug the Droid into your PC, look at the very far upper left of the screen, at that skinny little notifications panel. You'll see a USB icon. Take your finger & drag the notifications panel down to open it, then tap the larger USB icon you see there. When you see the pop-up, choose to "Mount" the SD card.

Now you'll see the SD card contents in your Windows Explorer, and can drag & drop files to/from it like any other USB device.

There's also free software on Motorola's web site called "Motorola Media Link" that will automatically sync media from your selected PC folders to the SD card.

docholiday

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time setting custom notifications for different contacts, I've looked all over this forum as well as others. I don't know if this just isn't possible or if I'm going about it the wrong way, if anyone can shed some light on this it'll be greatly appreciated.

Smuuth

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time setting custom notifications for different contacts, I've looked all over this forum as well as others. I don't know if this just isn't possible or if I'm going about it the wrong way, if anyone can shed some light on this it'll be greatly appreciated.
Go to Contacts and select the contact you want to assign a custom ringtone, then click the menu button and click on options. You will see Ringtone at the top: Click on that and select the ringtone you want for that contact.

Smuuth

Reaction score
Creating a dir called Notifications worked for me
How do i create a dir called notifications? Do I place it on the SD Card or through the phone somehow?

1. Plug your phone into your PC
2. Pull down the notification bar on your phone
3. Click on USB connected
4. Click on mount to mount your SD card
5. You will see a new removable storage drive on your PC
6. Create the following directories in the root of that drive:
music
ringtones
pictures
notifications
alarms
7. Drag and drop to add files to the appropriate directories from your PC
8. close the window on that drive on your PC
9. click on safely remove removable storage in your systray
10. click on turn off USB on your Droid
11. Shut off your phone and turn it back on
12. Your Droid will find the files you have added on your SD card

onekgguy

Reaction score
Creating a dir called Notifications worked for me
How do i create a dir called notifications? Do I place it on the SD Card or through the phone somehow?

1. Plug your phone into your PC
2. Pull down the notification bar on your phone
3. Click on USB connected
4. Click on mount to mount your SD card
5. You will see a new removable storage drive on your PC
6. Create the following directories in the root of that drive:
music
ringtones
pictures
notifications
alarms
7. Drag and drop to add files to the appropriate directories from your PC
8. close the window on that drive on your PC
9. click on safely remove removable storage in your systray
10. click on turn off USB on your Droid
11. Shut off your phone and turn it back on
12. Your Droid will find the files you have added on your SD card

Thanks for this info. Any idea how much space we have available on the sd card for uploads? I know that on the Motorola there are 16gb of space in phone but when I look at internal phone storage it says that my available space is only 238mb. Any idea where the 16gb are being used? ...the operating system?

Kevin g

ChrisTech

Reaction score
Thanks for this info. Any idea how much space we have available on the sd card for uploads? I know that on the Motorola there are 16gb of space in phone but when I look at internal phone storage it says that my available space is only 238mb. Any idea where the 16gb are being used? ...the operating system?
Kevin g

Internal space is only 256 MB. The sd card is used for the xtras. Hook up your droid to your pc via the USB cable, then once connected check the notifications at the top (pull down) and click on the usb icon, will advise you to mount it. Once mounted you can see what is on that card.

Here is what mine looks like so far. (check attachment) Just 1.5 GB of music, some images, ringtones, alarms, alerts, ect.