notification ringtones for individuals?

tschuller83

Reaction score
IS there a way to change each individual contacts notification ringtone ?? wanna have certain tones for each individual contact when i get messages on droid 1

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
handcent can do this. for teh stock app i dont think so...

shaunalynnn

Reaction score
I have handcent on my Droid 1 but can not figure out where in the app it will let me set individual ringtones for my contacts, can someone please tell me how?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe you need to open the contact (contact app) long press on a contact tap menu, tap options, tap ringtone.

shaunalynnn

Reaction score
not sure what you mean by contact app, like the original app that came one the phone where my contacts are? Because if this is what you meant i didn't get it to work the way you said.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
ok in handcent... click on a message from a person who you want to change..... up at the top right there should be a person with a gear on it.. click it, you can go into notification settings there and change that persons personal notification

xliderider

Reaction score
you are more than welcome...... had to redo quite a few of them today (changed roms) so it was a load of fun!

Doesn't Titanium Backup restore apps and data including user settings?

Also, if going from a 2.2 to 2.2 rom, I've successfully done an advanced restore where just the data from the previous rom is restored after loading the new rom. It works as long as you wipe first, load the new rom, then restore data only.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My problem is notifications and ringtones don't stay assigned. I'll set them up, for example for one of my brothers ringtone is the Tarzan tell. Half the time it reverts back to standard ringtone. I'll check the settings in contacts and there's Tarzan. WTH?

Pain or damage or even beatings don't end the world. The world end when you're dead. Until then you have more punishment store. Stand out like a man and give some back. Oh yeah I still use Tapatalk.