Notification ringtones-can I change to what I want?

boblinfoto

Reaction score
On my Droid X I can only use the ringtones for notifications that came with the phone. The phone ringtones don't have this restriction. I can download and use anything. How can I use what I want for notification ringtones. I used to have 4 low beeps. Not an option on the Droid X. HELP!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Create a folder on your sdcard /sdcard/media/audio/notifications. Put whatever tones you want in there.

You can also download ringdroid and it will allow you to assign tones.

If you're rooted, move whatever sound files you want to /system/media/audio/notifications, then reboot.

OP
B

boblinfoto

Reaction score
Create a folder on your sdcard /sdcard/media/audio/notifications. Put whatever tones you want in there.

If you're rooted, move whatever sound files you want to /system/media/audio/notifications, then reboot.

How do you create a folder? I can get to the SD card, but as fsr as the procedure goes, that evades me.

pool_shark

Reaction score

How do you create a folder? I can get to the SD card, but as fsr as the procedure goes, that evades me.

Use the files app that comes preinstalled. Use it to navigate to through your sdcard. Hit the menu button to create new folders or files.

Personally I prefer ES file explorer over the stock files app, astro, or root explorer.