1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification ringtone won't change

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by atcgirl22, Feb 10, 2011.

1. atcgirl22

atcgirl22 New Member

Hello there! I have been losing my mind in trying to figure this out but I gave up and now I'm asking for help!

I have a Droid X and I am trying to change my notification ringtone for my text messages. The problem that I am getting is that it is stuck on the same ringtone, I tried other tones the phone came with as well as music that I have. Nothing works! I have changed it before so this isn't the first time I have tried to change this. I downloaded ringdroid and have a song I want to play and it works fine for incoming calls but not texts.

Anyone else had this issue? Now that I can't change this tune it's all I want to do!!!

Thanks!!!
  2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

Is your phone rooted, or stock?

-Mike
  3. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Where are you trying to change it from. There are 2 options, either go setting>sound>notification ringtone (which I assume thats where you are going) or open your SMS app up and go to settings and change it from there.

Dunno if that helps, but I've had the issue of changing it in the sound settings and it didn't change.
  4. atcgirl22

atcgirl22 New Member

UltraDroid - I think it's just stock. I got it a few months back from Verizon. But I don't know what rooted means, wow I'm not familiar with all this terminology.

Cdjones187 - I was going into settings like you said to change this. I had no idea there was another place that I could go to change this. Where is my SMS app?

Thanks!
  5. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Sorry, your messaging application. When you open it hit the menu button and go to setting and you should be able to find what your looking for in there.
Search tags for this page
droid ultra wont chang tones
galaxy s2 wont change notification tone
htc inspire notification sound not changing
milestone 2 won't change notification sound

my phone wont let me change my notification ringtone

my text tone wont change
notification ringtone won't go change android

ringtone on my htc one wont change

samsung galaxy s2 text notification won't change
text sound won't change

why wont my notification ringtone change