Notification pull down not working

DethDroid

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the help I need...the notification pull down on my son's Maxx has stopped working/disappeared. I can't find anything in settings that may have caused this. We have tried rebooting using the power/volume down but that didn't fix it. He doesn't want to do a factory reset and lose everything. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Thanks for any help :) dancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can you check the following for me:

Menu > Settings > Privacy >Backup and Restore (Back up my data / Automatic restore)

Please tell me if you have both checked.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Also, are you running the stock launcher or have you installed something like Go Launcher or LauncherPro, etc.? There is an option to "hide status bar" on some third party launchers.

OP
D

DethDroid

Reaction score
Can you check the following for me:

Menu > Settings > Privacy >Backup and Restore (Back up my data / Automatic restore)

Please tell me if you have both checked.

Hi FoxKat...yes both are checked and there are no 3rd party launchers.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hmm... OK, well there is ONE reference to the issue but on a Motorola Atrix. It seems to be related to the Motoblur (Google) account. See https://forums.motorola.com/posts/11a916b422?start=106&stop=120. There is apparently a workaround that involves a factory reset, followed by the creation of a new gmail account and then setup the backup and restore. It also seems that If you have a gmail account like "[email protected]" you can change it to "[email protected]" and MotoBLUR thinks it's a different email address, but gmail thinks it's the same address.

Then you can factory reset and set up a new account at your regular "[email protected]" email address.

OP
D

DethDroid

Reaction score
Hmm... OK, well there is ONE reference to the issue but on a Motorola Atrix. It seems to be related to the Motoblur (Google) account. See https://forums.motorola.com/posts/11a916b422?start=106&stop=120. There is apparently a workaround that involves a factory reset, followed by the creation of a new gmail account and then setup the backup and restore. It also seems that If you have a gmail account like "[email protected]" you can change it to "[email protected]" and MotoBLUR thinks it's a different email address, but gmail thinks it's the same address.

Then you can factory reset and set up a new account at your regular "[email protected]" email address.

Thanks FoxKat...I was dreading the 'factory reset' so I will let my son decide if that's what he wants to do.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you hit the menu button and click on "Notifications" does it come up then? Or do you mean that bar at the top with the battery meter and time is just completely gone? Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see if maybe an APP is causing the problem?

Power off the phone, power it back on, as soon as you see the M logo press and hold the volume up and down at the same time until you see Safe Mode in the corner of the screen. If it returns to normal while in Safe Mode then you will know it is indeed an APP causing your problem, then you can reboot into Normal Mode and uninstall APPS one by one until it is fixed.

OP
D

DethDroid

Reaction score
If you hit the menu button and click on "Notifications" does it come up then? Or do you mean that bar at the top with the battery meter and time is just completely gone? Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see if maybe an APP is causing the problem?

Power off the phone, power it back on, as soon as you see the M logo press and hold the volume up and down at the same time until you see Safe Mode in the corner of the screen. If it returns to normal while in Safe Mode then you will know it is indeed an APP causing your problem, then you can reboot into Normal Mode and uninstall APPS one by one until it is fixed.

Thanks I will give that a try...anything to avoid to a factory reset :)

Ricksplace

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the same phone. It happens when you hit the power button to ignore a call, to get it working again make a phone call. It doesn't have to connect just dial a number press send then hit the red hang up Key on the screen. Pull down tab should work again. Droid RAZR Maxx