Notification panel won't pull down while on a call?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing this? I'm frequently checking emails and texting while on a call (almost always on a bluetooth headset) and the notification panel won't pull down from the call screen. If I tap home I can then get to the panel, but on the phone screen, it doesn't pull down. Can a few dp owners try this and see if you can still pull down the panel when the screen is on and on the main phone screen while on a call?

Thanks!

google123

Reaction score
I just tried on my Pro and it worked for me. I called my banks autamated line, pressed home button and the notification bar started changing colors to let me know there is an ongoing call. I was able to pull down the notifications bar without problems.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Yes but can you do it from the call screen? I think that's what the OP was trying to figure out. I also tried to bring up my notification bar from the call screen and I couldnt. I guess you have to hit the home screen or be on any other screen other than the call screen in order to pull it up.

I just tried on my Pro and it worked for me. I called my banks autamated line, pressed home button and the notification bar started changing colors to let me know there is an ongoing call. I was able to pull down the notifications bar without problems.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

adidaskorn3000

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my Motor Droid. I'm rooted and flashed to Cricket network. I thought maybe I screwed up the flash. But apparently others are having the same problem. Its really not that big of a deal to hit the home button first. Maybe it will be addressed in the next update.

ronakshah2000

Reaction score
Same on Droid X. Has been this way since 2.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zenman77

Reaction score
If you need to go somewhere on your phone while on a call just tap the home button and you can rummage around just about anywhere and your call will stay connected...

Hope this helps

OP
K

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Yep, was trying to do it right from the call screen. My Droid Incredible allows it. Must be a Motorola thing I guess. Not a big deal, just curious if there was a workaround. Thanks!

tennvol

Reaction score
Mine pulls down while on a call

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

zenivzen

Reaction score
won't pull down here either. you can hit the back button as well to unlock the bar.

whiteblazer01

Reaction score
I found this post from a Google search. I have the same issue on my Droid Charge. It's a bit annoying that I can't use the notification bar from the dialer screen while in a call. Pressing the back or home buttons work, but that's not exactly what we're looking for. If we're having power control toggle buttons in the notification bar for added convenience and ease of use, why can't we have this simple feature? It must be something that is intentionally blocked.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Been that way on every Android phone I've had. Hit Home, and go on your merry way.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Use home or back arrow to exit dialer once you're talking and no longer need it (dialer). Can do anything else you want from there.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jk440

Reaction score
You also can hit the screen off button to turn the screen off and then again to bring up the swipe unlock bar.

I wonder if you turn off the screen lock feature would you not have a problem?