1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notification Panel change

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by PFayce, May 21, 2010.

1. PFayce

PFayce New Member

Hi there,

After purchasing Open Home i noticed that some of the screen shots for themes such as Buuf have a customized notification bar. Naturally i assumed this came with the theme but i was wrong. So can any one tell me how to customize the notification panel.

Also i have downloaded Buuf icon pack and noticed there are 100's of icons that come with the pack. Is there any way i can use those icons to change the picture on lets say my facebook app or my usaa app. The only way i have noticed is to drop items into a folder and customize the folder ...but.... not so much.

V/R
    PFayce
  2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

3. PFayce

PFayce New Member

I should have been more specific. I would like to do this without rooting my phone... If that's possible. If there is any question to what i mean check out Buuf New open home theme. You will notice that the notification panel has been changed.
  4. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Not possible without root :(
  5. PFayce

PFayce New Member

Ok so rooting...

I'm not as "techy" as it seems most the people on here are. I understand enough to use command prompt but that is about it. How hard is it to root the droid? I read one of the tutorials and it started out easy but it just seem to exponentially get harder. How dangerous is rooting.

Thanx
  6. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

Well as of right now, because u are running stock 2.1 ESE83, you will have to revert back to 2.0.1 (2.1 doesnt have a root) using .sbf files. its pretty easy, thats how i did mine a while ago. u get the needed files (pretty much they are the files that ur computer will push onto the phone so that u have 2.0.1) and then u hook it up to the PC, bootloader, then u have the RSD lite (program that u will need along with drivers for whatever system u are running, ie. 32bit or 64bit) do all the work for u. And then once u have done that u can just get root easily and painlessly. After u have root get urself ROM Manager! this is a life saver for those that dont really know too much about all the techy-ness of all this stuff. it will do it all for u. MAKE BACKUPS! and the reason is when u are trying new things, u dont know how well they will go over so u might want to go back to what u were previously running.

Anyway, there is also another method that i have heard that works, where u flash SPrecovery onto ur phone. so with SPrecovery u can install a ROM if im not mistaken, i really am not too sure how the whole deal works with this method. but in the end, u will come out of it rooted. im guessing its a lot less scary doing it this way than using RSD Lite and the .sbf files lol. ill be honest i was a bit wary of doing this. seems pretty ominous!

well whatever road u choose, there will be someone here to help u out on ur way.
    Good luck!
Search tags for this page
4.1.2 android edit notification panel
change droid x notification panel

change notification panel android

customize notifcation panel
do not have notification command in settings in android 4.1.
edit the notification panel andriod
how do i change the color background of my notification pane

how to chance notification panel colour with rooting

how to change notification panel in android

how to change notification pannel in android without root

how to change permission of android notification panel

how to find notification command to edit the notification pa

notification panel theme
panel android change