Notification of Blank SD Card

keleka

Reaction score
Today after leaving my phone on my dresser, I noticed a notification of Blank SD card appeared... when I clicked on it, it states "SD card is blank or has unsupported systemfiles" and gives me an option of formatting. What the heck is this about? I have not done anything different to my phone. Does anyone have a solution to this, other than formatting and loosing everything?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lzdroid

Reaction score
I have the same problem! Since I updated to 4.5x my phone nearly daily 'hangs' so hard that I need to pop the battery! Now I get that same notification of blank sd card. It's inserted nice and tight - have i lost my vacation pictures??? Help!

ABQNM

Reaction score
The SD cards supplied with the X are of very cheap quality and don't seem to last that long. Some people got Sandisk cards, but most are cheap cards. Mine failed after about 6 months. The blank message could be a failed card or data corruption. Verizon sent me a replacement 16GB Sandisk class 4. As far as the data, you may be able to recover your photos with an app called PhotoRec. It is for the computer and is command line based, but works very well. PhotoRec - CGSecurity

soccplayer07

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me this past week. I tried everything and nothing worked. I took into verizon today. They gave me a new card for free but I lost everything that was on it. Since the last software update everything on my phone has been messed up...

kayechz

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me starting two days ago! Got my X in December. Question, can I take the phone in while rooted and running Apex? I would hate for them to check and say they can't help me...

ABQNM

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me starting two days ago! Got my X in December. Question, can I take the phone in while rooted and running Apex? I would hate for them to check and say they can't help me...

Definitely don't take it in rooted and running ApeX. I would call them and tell them you have tried formatting to no avail and another card works fine in the phone. They should send you one by 2day fedex. They did for me.

kayechz

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I backed up the card. I think I'll try formatting it before calling as I won't be home for the next two weeks. smh

ABQNM

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I backed up the card. I think I'll try formatting it before calling as I won't be home for the next two weeks. smh

If it works on the PC, it may just be corrupted. Hopefully a format will fix it. Good luck!

kayechz

Reaction score
Format route worked! Yay! :)