Notification numbers

k1601

Reaction score
Is there a way to have a little number by apps with notifications? Primarily textra and snapchat. I find myself dismissing notifications and forgetting I have them. I'm thinking along the lines of the iPhone new email and text message little red numbers. Anyone?

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
If you use an alternative home screen app like Nova Launcher. It has a plug-in for doing just what you want.
Where do I find that? I actually do use Nova launcher so I must have not found that yet!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I forget exactly, but it's somewhere in the Nova settings. It'll prompt you to go to the play store and download "Tesla unread" or something like that. If you search the play Store for that, you may find it easier than digging through the Nova settings.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Excellent thanks! I'll download that and see what I can find

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It only works with certain apps, but it works great for the ones that are compatible. I always use it when I'm using Nova, but I'm currently using Google Now Launcher.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It was a Nova prime future... Explains why I hadn't found it. Gives me a reason to upgrade!
Ah! Sorry about that. I purchased prime a long time ago & forget which features are included in the free version. Definitely worth the investment in my opinion.

OP
K

k1601

Reaction score
Yep I tried the free one and planned on upgrading, but honestly I just never thought of new futures I wanted till now.