Notification Messages (some unwanted)?

andreah1

Reaction score
At least once a day I have a green star appear in the notification area and it's a spam message, like "get this game", or "hot singles", etc. Is there a way to get rid of this? I assume it came from me downloading some app and I've uninstalled all the apps that I've downloaded shortly before this started but it still shows up...any advice?

smmfc

Reaction score
Airpush permenant opt out in the market will make it stop. I had that problem on my tbolt of ads used it and no problems after that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a try...I just found one more app that was newer that I hadn't deleted too...Fear Factor and I can bet that is probably the culprit. Will download Airpush...thanks!

smmfc

Reaction score
I actually had one show up today and realized I downloaded Airpush but didn't turn it on lol it went away and hasn't come back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I downloaded AirPush Detector from the Market. Works great to identify which app is the problem child so I dont have to delete all of them. They are annoying huh? :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

songkat

Reaction score
Many thanks for this info. dancedroid These notifications were driving me crazy...turns out some wallpapers I'd downloaded were the culprits.