Notification Manager

AliasOther

Reaction score
I have handcent and the default text app. When I set the notification tone I get one from handcent and one from the default manager. It is super annoying.

Is there an app that allows me to control all of my notifications on one interface?

Not really concerned with the call ringtone as much as my 3 mail apps and text.

UpClose Media on the go with Verizon.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You need to turn off notifications in the app you aren't using. Open messaging (default text app), on the main screen where you see all the threads tap menu, settings then scroll down and uncheck the notifications box. Bingo, no more double notifications. Don't forget to turn it back on if you get rid of handcent.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there an app that allows me to control all of my notifications on one interface?
Not that I know of. That's one thing I really miss from my Blackberries. AFAIK you control each app's notifications via the app's settings.

Not really concerned with the call ringtone as much as my 3 mail apps and text.
How are you getting 2 different ringtones from incoming calls? Did you mean text message notifications?

rocketpod23

Reaction score
Droid Fighter has it. I switched from a Storm 2, and really missed the feature myself. Couldn't believe that this awesome phone didn't offer it built in. I use Zedge, Handcent, and an additional email application, so it took me a while to figure out how to make it all work properly. After emailing myself about 10 times, and sending about 2 dozen text messages to myself, I got it right (it was driving my wife nuts, heh heh). Still don't see a way to separate MMS from SMS, but for now I have separate tones for email, and SMS, I'll be ok with that.