Notification Light??

nooter99

Reaction score
The flashing green light in top right corner that notifies me of texts, voicemail etc. has stopped working. Only noticed this after 2.1 update, don't know if they're related. Any suggestions or fixes??

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The flashing green light in top right corner that notifies me of texts, voicemail etc. has stopped working. Only noticed this after 2.1 update, don't know if they're related. Any suggestions or fixes??

Are you running the Missed Call app?

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
not running the Missed Call app. Yes, I know it only comes on when screen is dark. It's been fine for 4 months until now. Since I posted original question, it worked once, thought maybe it "fixed itself" but seems to of stopped again. Don't know what's going on!

mshain81

Reaction score
mine still works after 2.1...I've had the update for about a week or so now

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
yea its 2.1 that changed that.....it only blinks when the screen is off and stops when you wake the phone up....i myself prefer it that way

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work anymore either. Even when the screen is dark. I never have the flashing light. Which is annoying for me since I don't always have my phone with me, now I have to turn it on every time I pick it up to see if I have a message. Seems to me that 2.1 hurt my phone more than it helped. I liked 2.0.1 a lot better. Everything seemed to work, phone didn't lag like it does now and my battery doesn't even last as long. JMO

blt

Reaction score
I have the same problem where it doesn't blink at all anymore. Is there a way to manually set up the green notification light again?i

BILLS23LAXER

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My notification light actually got incredibly dim to the point where you couldn't notice it blinking in daylight..but now it just doesn't work at all.

quittle

Reaction score
Does anyone know any apps or hacks to get the LED to turn on when your screen is turned on, with or without root. I know it stopped after 2.0.1 and would love to have it back

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Does anyone know any apps or hacks to get the LED to turn on when your screen is turned on, with or without root. I know it stopped after 2.0.1 and would love to have it back

I know I have seen the option in some ROMs, Sapphire has it. I wouldn't be surprised if some other ROMs has it either, as this is a relatively popular request since the 2.1 days.

An app that can do it, I haven't seen though.