Notification light

sethm1

Reaction score
Is there an app ( or built in setting) that can change the color of the light?
The idea is to have one color for texts, another for gmail & another for email.

nbucko

Reaction score
Light Flow

There is a free version that has some restrictions including a 10 second (I think) delay for the light to change to the right color and a pay version that most people really like. Read the comments though, there are a few gripes on ICS.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Lightflow. A must have app for Nexus owners in my opinion.

huskur

Reaction score
Handcent texting app will do any color for you. Email you want to grab Gmail notifier. It will also let you custom color the notification lights.

???

Reaction score
yeah, my hand cent is blue, gmail the stock color and kik can be set to anything, so i picked white.

never used light flow, but most apps allow you to change color. or atleast what i've used dose

OP
S

sethm1

Reaction score
Thanks for the light flow suggestion.
I am trying out the free version before spending the $2- but I wonder if the free version is only limited to one task. So far
Only seeing a new color when I get text messages. Nothing new happening with gmail or email.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I am trying out the free version before spending the $2- but I wonder if the free version is only limited to one task. So far
Only seeing a new color when I get text messages. Nothing new happening with gmail or email.

Just fyi, LF didnt work properly for me until I was rooted. I have the paid version.

Frito47300

Reaction score
Light flow lite works ok for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

vico512

Reaction score

Light Flow Light gave me some different indications: I get colors for missed calls, GMail & loss of signal. Handcent SMS does not provide any visible indications. Both Handcent and the App are set for Blue. Go figure... (I'm not rooted.)