1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

notification light not blinking when screen is lit up?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by maxwell1869, Dec 4, 2011.

1. maxwell1869

maxwell1869 New Member

Hi everyone i have the droid x i have had it for about a year or so. I always noticed that when i recieve a text or a voicemail, missed called my notification light would blink with the screen on or off. ever since the last update it will only blink when you have the screen shutoff(when your not using the phone its a dark screen) ONce i turn on the screen the blinking stops. and if i play games or watch a movie etc. i dont know when someone has text me or anything. Has this happened to anyone else????? I called vzw and they acted like they didnt know anything about it and they wanted me to do a hard reset. The same thing is happeing to my mom,brother,dad,roomates phone. What can i do about this? Is vzw aware of this? do they plan on fixing it? I have just a plain droid x its not rooted or anything. I use handcent for texting. Thanks in advance. hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

It only blinks when the screen is off.
  3. maxwell1869

maxwell1869 New Member

yes it only blinks when the phone is not inuse. once i turn my screen back on and go to like my home screen or any screen at all the light stops.
  4. shaggykid

shaggykid New Member

Hmm I haven't noticed this.. but I know I've seen it blink while playing games..

Not sure about a fix for you though. Not really sure if my phobe is also doing it

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

That's how it supposed to work.
  6. schatzy62

schatzy62 New Member

Not sure is NoLED will help you but look it up in the market place. It was designed for the Samsung Phones which have NO notification led. Let us know if it works out for you.
Search tags for this page

droid razr notification light while screen on

motorola why does the notification led not blink until i tou
why isn't my notification light flashing when screen is off

why isnt my led light flashing fir a notification

why the notification light not blinking