Notification LED not working. HELP!!!

oknewt04

Reaction score
I've used handcent SMS on my Droid since the day I've had it. Since I have my phone on silent most of the the time, the different color LEDs telling who in particular is texting me was my VERY favorite feature of the phone. All the sudden, the LED will not work. I've tried unchecking/rechecking everything, battery pull, system wipe, uninstalling/reinstalling..and it STILL Won't work. I'm going crazy without it!! HELP!

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Try going back to regular mms app or let your battery die down to 10% and see if it blinks red... if it doesn't you have a hardware problem.

mjs31

Reaction score
I've used handcent SMS on my Droid since the day I've had it. Since I have my phone on silent most of the the time, the different color LEDs telling who in particular is texting me was my VERY favorite feature of the phone. All the sudden, the LED will not work. I've tried unchecking/rechecking everything, battery pull, system wipe, uninstalling/reinstalling..and it STILL Won't work. I'm going crazy without it!! HELP!

Rooted? If not, are you letting your notification pop up go away and the screen go black? Many have said it is not working with handcent only to find out they were not waiting for their screen to go black. Notifications for anything else working?
I ran into this issue before, but I was having issues with a Kernal on my rooted phone. I reverted back and then went to different Kernal and all was good again.

OP
O

oknewt04

Reaction score
The light did NOT go red when it got down to 10%. It's been working up until right now. If it is a hardware issue, (I apologize for my ignorance here) is there any way to fix it? I'm goin NUTS without my customized colors. Oh, and my Droid is NOT rooted.

toddhoof

Reaction score
i had the same problem after updated to 2.1 with handcent. i just did a battery pull and it seems to fine now...give it shot if you havent already

jlatour88

Reaction score
just found out that it does still work but one of the battery saving features of the 2.1 update was not to blink the led when the screen is on. and i think it was to stop blinkin after a lil while. i hope they add a way to turn this feature off.

BzB

Reaction score
yep, the screen needs to be asleep or on standby for the led to blink. seems like a very trivial power saving change to me. i mean, how much power does the led really use anyway?

i also have my led color customized and this change becomes really annoying when you're using an app that hides the notification bar and you can't see what alert just came through. before the change you could tell what alert you got based on the led color. oh well, 2 steps forward and half a step back.

OP
O

oknewt04

Reaction score
I have not even received the update for my phone yet. I have done the research, so I'm aware of the LED not being on when the screen is on (which I too think is very dumb) but I don't get a LED light at all. Ever. I think Best Buy is going to just swap mine out (crossing fingers) because nothing at all has worked thus far.

Reaction score
You know, I think that when someone finally roots the official 2.1, they should try and find away around this stupid feature. Or we should all gripe to google to change it in 2.1.1.whatever or whatever the next update will be.