Notification LED no working w/BB V0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hrdnhvy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been running BB V0.4 for about day & 1/2 & I just now realized my little notification led on upper right corner is no longer working...anyone else experience this, it used to come on, notify of new emails & such but nuthin now, & yes I made sure notification settings are on.

2. bbleecker

bbleecker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am only experiencing this problem when I use the DROID as a bedside clock. I really wish there was a way to force the led to work

3. ASN-121

ASN-121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @OP-
    Just want to make sure, but you do realize that, as of 2.1, the notification LED only comes on when the screen is off.

@bbleecker-
    Download LEDs Hack (Root Only) on the marketplace. I use it to force the lower LEDs off and keep the top on.

4. bbleecker

bbleecker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand that the leds only work when the screen is off, that is not the problem, it is when I am using the device as a bedside clock in the moto dock. It just would be nice to glance over and see if there were any messages.

Downloading LEDs Hack NOW

5. pnhst

pnhst New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LED's hack gets rid of the lights on the touch sensitive keys but i dont think it effects the notification light.. if you have your time flying around your screen the screen is still on, as a result no notification lights.. I know this because every night at like 12:30 i get a stupid email that shows no notification light with LED's hack on..

6. ASN-121

ASN-121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's an option in LEDs Hack to disable the top LED and one to disable the bottom. I have the one for the top unchecked, and when mine is in the cradle (screen off), I get notifications for email and texts.
    Hopefully that helps. Though it could be the fact that I use Gmail Notifier or Handcent, not sure.

#6 ASN-121, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  7. bbleecker

bbleecker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried all the setting in LEDs Hack, nothing makes a difference. In the Bedside mode the clock is displayed hence the screen is on.

8. rdburke

rdburke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since installing this BB build my LED's do not work no matter how many notifications I get.

9. patryn150

patryn150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this issue with Handcent (and only Handcent). I had to fully uninstall Handcent & reinstall it. A standard clear data/cache did not work for it. Upon the reinstall, my LED works again.