Notification led isn't notifying me?

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I got my verizon GN yesterday and can't figure out why the notification led isn't working. It's not letting me know when I get a text message or phone call...in fact I only recall seeing it on one time and that was while I was doing something but I can't remember what it was now, so i at least know it does work. I have gone through all the settings in ics and messaging and anywhere that mentions using the notification led is checked so I'm at a loss...is it a bug? am I missing something? Is it working correctly on you guy's phones?

thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Might have to turn it on through whatever app. After I rooted I thought I broke the light, but it's cause I forgot to turn on the notification light. Only seen the setting for facebook, didn't really look for texting or calling...which are more important LOL

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I wish it was faster. On the Droid and other phones I could see the led blinking out of the corner of my eye but with this one it is a very slow pulse that's almost unnoticeable. Maybe I'm being too picky? :)

hinataoccu

Reaction score
For me when i had the the SMS popup app activated my led would not work. Hoping for an update to this. If you don't have this app, maybe another app of a similar sort is causing the issue.

droid_mike

Reaction score
For me, missed calls notifications only work when the phone is unplugged from the charger. Text message notifications, however, work all the time. I don't really get why that's the case, but I do know that there is a setting buried deep in the OS to prevent notifications while plugged in (not accessible to us). Why that would be considered a feature is unknown.

hinataoccu

Reaction score
I knew that i had seen an option for notification light somewhere; finally found it again. It's in settings -> Display -> Pulse notification light. Make sure yours is checked off.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I like how it's different colors for different types of notifications. What I missed about the OG droid when I upgraded to my Inc...green light that's it lol

OP
D

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I knew that i had seen an option for notification light somewhere; finally found it again. It's in settings -> Display -> Pulse notification light. Make sure yours is checked off.

it is checked on mine. So basicly I may have a bad phone...or dead led anyway since it seems to work for other people?

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Anyone try the app light flow yet? For me it didn't work until I rooted but it works great now. The best part is I can set the led not to blink but just stay on. I hate the blinking!

OP
D

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Anyone try the app light flow yet? For me it didn't work until I rooted but it works great now. The best part is I can set the led not to blink but just stay on. I hate the blinking!

I restarted on a wim and it's working now, just a slow white blink for texts and missed calls...does the light flow app allow you to change blink rate and colors?

ShinyTop

Reaction score
I am trying the Light Flow app. It allows choosing of colors and blink rates. But the app tells you to cancel all notification, because you have seen them, it says to use the clear in the pull down that is not used in ICS. Clearing each event does not stop the notifications, unless I have just not found out how, yet.

AspenSTi

Reaction score
I restarted on a wim and it's working now, just a slow white blink for texts and missed calls...does the light flow app allow you to change blink rate and colors?
Yep, you can set colors, pulse rate and a ton of over stuff for each individual notification.

However mine is now starting to act a little off, sometimes the light works, sometimes it doesnt. When i "test" each one in light flow they work just fine, when actually letting them do what they are supposed to they kinda have a mind of their own. Hopefully its just a compatibility issue? Maybe it will work itself out, not a huge deal to me, just noticed...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish it was faster. On the Droid and other phones I could see the led blinking out of the corner of my eye but with this one it is a very slow pulse that's almost unnoticeable. Maybe I'm being too picky? :)

Download the free app Light Flow. Lets you make each notification a different color and change the rate of speed at which it pulses.

CSNeoM4A1

Reaction score

Yes, and I got the free version and it is working fine so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Anyone else notice that with stock setup that there is no notification for missed calls?

Gonna try light flow now

edit: holy moly, Light Flow is awesome :hail:

Last edited: